Business Intelligence Analyst
Posted on 4/30/2021
San Francisco, CA, USA
- 4+ years hands-on experience in BI, Data Science, or Data engineering
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong SQL experience and dashboard building
- Python, Google Scripts preferred
- Exposure to Visualization Tools: Periscope and Tableau
- Familiarity with: Github, JIRA, Snowflake
- Strong level of knowledge and experience with multiple systems in a high transactional business
- Proven accomplishments using needed skills and with a track record of success in a fast pace environment
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of financial concepts, common accounting practices, and system solutioning
- Proven ability to prioritize and deliver on groomed list deliverables on time
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with cross functional teams, troubleshoot a problem, gather information, and recommend solutions
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for Instacart
- Perform a support function by solving data related issues submitted via ticketing system
- Leverage data visualization tools such as Tableau and Periscope to create dashboards and data analysis for financial purposes
- Collaborate with stakeholders, executives, and decision-makers to prioritize, design, and fulfill data needs
- Investigate and solve complex data issues such as data bugs that impact financial reporting
- Prepare documentation such as data flows, case studies, and detailed query logic for code changes
- Uphold security and internal controls standards for data reporting through administrative responsibilities
- Promote and drive a self-service data culture by building easy to use tools and dashboards and teaching business users how to use them
- Deploy data quality checks and ensure high quality of dashboards and other data requests
- Work closely with the Product, Data Engineering, and Sales teams to stay current on latest product rollouts and their data and financial impacts
- Regularly communicate progress, risks, and completion of projects with stakeholders
Grocery delivery app
Instacart's mission is to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. The company operates a mobile app for the delivery and pick-up of groceries and household items.
- Go far together
- Grow the pie
- Roll up your sleeves
- Put it all on the table
- Serve generously
- Wellness Tailored to You - Medical, dental, vision, retirement, life & disability coverage right alongside physical & mental wellness programs, memberships and stipends to keep you and your family feeling your best.
- Family Building Benefits - No matter where you are in your family journey, we support you. Our plans cover modern family planning for all. We offer leave for all parents, flexible working schedules and an active [email protected] community.
- Work From Home Stipend - We help outfit your WFH setup and offer reimbursements so you can be your most productive while at home.
- Flexible Time Off - We all recharge differently. Take the time you need with our flexible time off policy.
- Learning & Development - Whether you’re just starting your career or leading teams, we provide customized L&D programs to help you grow and an annual allowance to pursue your development.
- Future Planning - We have you covered as you plan for your future. 401(k) matching in the U.S. and RRSP in Canada, student loan assistance through Peanut Butter, free Rocket Lawyer membership, SoFi & First Republic financial planning and more.
- Community Connection - Support the communities you care about with volunteer weeks and get involved with our social impact program, Instacart Serves.
- Instacart Express Membership - We help keep your fridge stocked. Unlock grocery discounts with our Instacart Beta app while testing our latest features.