Posted on 6/21/2022
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, or other business discipline
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- CPA license (or equivalent)
- Experience with US GAAP and international accounting standards (IFRS or other local accounting standards), and multiple currency environments
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365 or other ERP accounting systems
- Proficient computer sills, including Excel
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities concurrently with shifting time frames, and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Participate in the accounting close process to ensure timely and accurate reporting of all monthly accounting financial information for Starlink subsidiaries
- Prepare journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, reserves, intercompany transactions, and foreign currency conversions as required to support Starlink
- Partner with local service providers as needed to review and coordinate international statutory filings, including bridging statutory financial and tax books to U.S. GAAP
- Support tax team and local service providers to meet international regulatory and tax compliance needs, including VAT/GST and maintaining proper documentation for local country tax refunds/credits
- Drive process and reporting improvements and standardization efforts while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Assist in development of global accounting policies and procedures to satisfy US and foreign compliance requirements
- Prepare schedules and supporting documentation related to external audit requirements, and interact with external auditors as required
- Handle special projects, taking full responsibilities for the successful and timely completion of the project
- Ability to analyze high volume of transactions and data; SQL experience is a plus
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.