Government Relations Lead
Posted on 3/23/2023
Chicago, IL, USA
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree in Public Policy preferred
- Minimum five years' experience within government relations and/or regulatory affairs working within national and state politics, government, think tanks, public interest groups or the field of corporate public policy
- Project Management experience
- Ability to craft well-constructed arguments, anticipate and refute contrary viewpoints with robust reasoning and strong data points
- Broad policy experience with direct knowledge of the financial services sector
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as the ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand
- Proficiency and self-sufficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Provide robust monitoring, analysis, and notification of events, political trends, media coverage, etc. to identify opportunities and/or threats which may directly or indirectly affect our business
- Participate in developing and managing an annual budget
- Engage directly with legislators and other policy-makers
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry regulations, legislation, and best practices
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Enova products and businesses
Enova is a mission-driven organization helping hardworking people get access to fast, trustworthy credit.
- Advance your career - We have a dedicated training team focused on giving you the tools you need to succeed within your department, within the company and in your career. The focus starts day one with a robust onboarding program and continues throughout your career at Enova.
- See the benefits - Full-time employees receive medical, dental and vision benefits; matching 401(k); PTO; commuter benefits; flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent daycare; and more!
- Be recognized - There’s plenty of room for both lateral and upward movement here at Enova. We’re always interested in promoting from within, and we keep a lookout for top talent who are ready to advance.
- Get your perks - Full-time employees can receive tuition reimbursement, one-month paid sabbatical after four years, discounted massages, manicures and other perks.
- Give back - We work throughout the year to partner with local charities and assist our neighbors in need. We also offer a charitable match program — allowing team members to double their impact when they donate money to charity.
- Have fun - We like challenges here; maybe that’s why we have so many games, competitions and outings. There are a number of ways you can scratch your competitive itch and have fun!
Company Core Values
- Customer first - We listen to our customers’ needs and create products that solve real problems. We deliver beyond expectations, treating our customers the way we want to be treated.
- Best answer wins - We believe innovative ideas and solutions can come from anywhere. That’s why we make sure the best answer wins — no matter who it’s coming from.
- Operate as an owner - The entrepreneurial spirit runs strong at Enova. We encourage team members to think big and move fast and use resources like they’re their own.
- Accountable for results - We’re a data-driven company, and we use that data to add value and create results. We set our expectations high and do what we say we are going to do.
- Top talent and teamwork - Enova is a place for the best and brightest, from all walks of life and parts of the world. We work in small, focused teams that encourage diversity of thought.