The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 and 2022 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
We are looking for an experienced Licensed Insurance Agent to join our Operations team. In this role, you have the opportunity to connect with individuals to provide important consultation for their home insurance needs. Best of all, this role requires no cold calling; you will receive qualified leads that are brought in from our Marketing team. You will help to develop the best policies to protect the insured’s home alongside building customized quotes to ensure they receive the best service possible.
A day in the life could include:
- Connecting with customers via email, text, and chat, to discuss home insurance options and quotes
- Taking inbound calls and make outbound dials from and to qualified leads that are provided by Kin
- Following up with all outstanding potential customers to answer their questions, address concerns, and sell the policy
- Assessing customer needs using targeted questions to figure out best policy
- Building custom policies for each customer using internal tools and systems
- Educating customers on the finer points of home insurance to ensure their best understanding
- Actively keeping current with industry changes and trends to remain competitive
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 2+ years of sales experience
- You possess a Property and Casualty (P&C) or Personal Lines (PL) license
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in a demanding sales environment while exceeding sales targets
- Excellent selling, negotiation and communication skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency with different sales tools and CRM’s
Your flexibility allows you to work our 9am-6pm (CST) shift and one Saturday shift every 8-10 weeks
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Remote Work
- 16 days PTO, 2 Floating Holidays, and all company holidays
- Generous equity package
- 401K match
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact!
In an industry that hasn’t budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don’t just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Kin encourages applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.