Lead Security Engineer, Cryptosystems Operations
Posted on 3/21/2022
Tampa, FL, USA • Remote in USA
- Self-motivated and creative problem-solver able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Familiarity with ERC-20 and contemporary token standards
- Familiarity with transaction settlement on Layer-1 and Layer 2 blockchains
- Familiarity with smart contract technologies
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology desired
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, cybersecurity or related field; Equivalent experience also accepted
- Working knowledge of public and private key cryptography
- Comfort working with standards such as NIST 800-57, FIPS 140, and the work if the IETF PKIX Working Group, and PKCS Standards
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Python or similar scripting languages strongly preferred
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and use good judgment to establish an order of priorities on the fly
- Familiarity with standards such as ISO 27001/27002 or the NIST Cybersecurity Framework is desirable
- Certifications such as CISSP or similar will receive favorable consideration but are not required
- Experience working on applications deployed within AWS desirable
- Minimum of 7 years of information security experience
- Prior experience in an operational security role is strongly preferred
- Experience threat modeling application systems and processes is desirable
- Auditing/assessment experience is desirable
- Some software development experience is desirable
- Have a strong desire to learn and grow
- Want to work on mission-critical security projects
- Are curious by nature and looking for a challenge
- Have a passion for problem solving and cryptography
- Have a high degree of integrity and a strong sense of personal responsibility
- Working with a team to optimize and operate public key cryptosystems
- Perform user acceptance tests of the output of public key cryptosystems
- Document automated systems operations and manual support procedures
- Monitor system behavior, analyze results, and respond to events
- Recommend and develop detailed technical specifications for new and updated cryptosystems
- Daily monitoring and, as necessary, operation of cryptographic solutions
- Encryption key usage monitoring and lifecycle management
- Analyzing and validating data
- Lead or assist with information security projects and assessments
- Provide program reporting to management
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.