6 month growth↓ -2%
1 year growth↑ 5%
2 year growth↑ 29%
- Master’s degree in biostatistics or equivalent field
- Experience in statistical methods applied to information including risk analysis and de-identification
- Experience in working on and analyzing large data sets
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners collaboratively
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate in an effective, clear, and convincing manner
- Evidence of participation in publications, studies, and/or reports
- Collaborate with engineering stakeholders to define metrics and measures that appropriately capture the behavior of our data across the pipeline
- Design and implement dashboards and reports that enable a wide range of stakeholders, grounded in a consistent source of truth, from executives to front line engineers
- Work with engineers, product management, clinical informaticists and other teammates to understand and refine questions and turn data into meaningful information
- Partner with engineering to develop data models and relational schemas for telemetry and observability data that are efficient and appropriate
- Experience with Social Determinants of Health
- Experience with large health data sets
- Experience with health data de-identification
Privacy Biostatistician - Risk Analytics
Truveta is the world’s first health provider led data platform with a vision of Saving Lives with Data. Our mission is to enable researchers to find cures faster, empower every clinician to be an expert, and help families make the most informed decisions about their care. Achieving Truveta’ s ambitious vision requires an incredible team of talented and inspired people with a special combination of health, software and big data experience who share our company values.
Truveta was born in the Pacific Northwest, but we have employees who live across the country. Our team enjoys the flexibility of a hybrid model and working from anywhere. In person attendance is required for two weeks during the year for Truveta Planning Weeks.
For overall team productivity, we optimize meeting hours in the pacific time zone. We avoid scheduling recurring meetings that start after 3pm PT, however, ad hoc meetings occur between 8am-6pm Pacific time.
The preservation of patient privacy is at the heart of our business and is foundational to the goal of building trust with our Health System partners, patients, researchers, and the broader health community privacy advocates. The role of Privacy Biostatistician reports to the Director of Risk Analytics and is responsible for helping to deliver statistical analyses of patient data pipelines that ensures that we protect patient privacy as defined under the HIPAA privacy rule for expert determination and under legal frameworks, in the United States and overseas.
The ideal candidate is a person with appropriate knowledge of, and experience with, generally accepted statistical and scientific principles & methods for rendering information not individually identifiable.
The Privacy Biostatistician will follow a statistical methodology for the de-identification & handling of patient health information that addresses:
- Re-identification – measure residual re-identification risk.
- Evaluate Policy – help evaluate both direct & quasi-identifiers, evaluate specific data transformation methods that reduce risk, evaluate policy for relative data preservation, and generate statistics to iteratively guide the de-identification process.
- Data Utility – Drive continual improvements in preserving data utility to meet the needs of researchers and the business.
- Mitigating Controls – Evaluate residual risk and mitigating controls to manage and protect privacy throughout the platform.
- HIPAA compliance – Work with other members of the Risk Analytics team to drive the de-identification process analysis so that it conforms to the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
If you are interested in the opportunity to pursue purposeful work, join a mission-driven team, and build a rewarding career while having fun, Truveta may be the perfect fit for you.
- Collaborate with engineering stakeholders to define metrics and measures that appropriately capture the behavior of our data across the pipeline.
- Design and implement dashboards and reports that enable a wide range of stakeholders, grounded in a consistent source of truth, from executives to front line engineers.
- Work with engineers, product management, clinical informaticists and other teammates to understand and refine questions and turn data into meaningful information.
- Partner with engineering to develop data models and relational schemas for telemetry and observability data that are efficient and appropriate.
- Master’s degree in biostatistics or equivalent field.
- Experience in statistical methods applied to information including risk analysis and de-identification.
- Experience in working on and analyzing large data sets.
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners collaboratively.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate in an effective, clear, and convincing manner.
- Evidence of participation in publications, studies, and/or reports
- Experience with Social Determinants of Health.
- Experience with large health data sets.
- Experience with health data de-identification.
Be a part of building something special. Now is the perfect time to join Truveta. We have strong, established leadership with decades of success. We are well-funded. We are building a culture that prioritizes people and their passions across personal, professional and everything in between. Join us as we build an amazing company together.
- Interesting and meaningful work for every career stage
- Great benefits package
- Comprehensive benefits with strong medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Professional development & training opportunities for continuous learning
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave
- Regular team activities (virtual and in-person as soon as we are able)
- The base pay for this position is $124,000 to $156,000. The pay range reflects the minimum and maximum target. Pay is based on several factors including location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional compensation such as incentive pay and stock options.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Truveta is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that having employees, interns, and contractors with diverse backgrounds enables Truveta to better meet our mission and serve patients and health communities around the world. We recognize that opportunities in technology historically excluded and continue to disproportionately exclude Black and Indigenous people, people of color, people from working class backgrounds, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people. We strongly encourage individuals with these identities to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.