- Load and unload aircraft using cargo loaders, as required
- Operate sweeper to clean transportation aisles, as required
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- 3+ years of experience operating a forklift and boom - type cranes
- Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP
- Manually pick, sort, load and unload packages up to ten feet long weighing up to 40 pounds onto trucks, trailers or dollies
- Able to work 2nd shift & extended hours with short notice if needed to cover absences or adjoining shifts
Motive Equipment Operator
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Auburn, WA
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking a Motive Equipment Operator to join our team in Auburn, WA!
Motive equipment operators drive vehicles such as, high loaders, cargo loaders, die handlers, all sizes of forklift trucks, mobile boom-type cranes, industrial trucks, and tow tractors to move airplanes, equipment, tools, and materials. Operators must possess a valid state driver’s license and pass a physical examination. Operators typically receive their assignments by radio from the transportation dispatcher.
- Manually pick, sort, load and unload packages up to ten feet long weighing up to 40 pounds onto trucks, trailers or dollies.
- Secure and protect loads using tarps, covers, slings, cables, and ropes. Operate small cargo truck to deliver small packages throughout site.
- Operate mobile boom-type crane to move, position, and align parts, equipment, tools, and material by attaching and positioning cables, chains, and slings, as required.
- Guide the movements of mobile boom-type crane and airplane tow tractor by visible or audible signals to ensure safe and efficient work environment.
- Operate Track mobile to move rail cars that transport aircraft sections or other freight into and out of unloading areas.
- Operate tractor to do the following:
- Tow, position, and park airplanes.
- Pull loose freight (rolling stock) from warehouse to required location or from factory to warehouse to be transported.
- Run shuttle route throughout factory areas to supply needed material, parts, or equipment to manufacturing locations.
- Move and position aircraft wings, body sections, fins, stabilizers, or other plane components, using tow bars, wheel chocks, and wing walkers, as necessary.
- Move equipment (e.g., air stairs, heaters, lighting systems) to and from airplanes outside of buildings.
- Load and unload aircraft using cargo loaders, as required.
- Use load charts to calculate safe workload limits of equipment such as mobile boom-type cranes to ensure operation.
- Calculate safe load requirements prior to lifting with forklift truck so as not to exceed lift capacity of equipment.
- Operate fork lift to do the following:
- Load and unload materials and/or equipment from vehicles.
- Load and unload factory shuttle.
- Pick up full trash containers, empty, and return them to designated locations.
- Move scaffolds, airplane jacks, and generators to and from aircraft or to load equipment on plane.
- Operate trash compactor after emptying trash containers.
- Lead, assist, and instruct as necessary other operators engaged in the movement of airplanes and scaffolds.
- Read shipping instruction tag to determine where to take load or which shuttle to transfer it to.
- Couple, uncouple, and move associated equipment as necessary to make deliveries.
- Operate sweeper to clean transportation aisles, as required.
- Keep vehicles clean and perform routine mechanical inspections of equipment such as checking fuel, oil, and water levels of motive equipment, refill as required.
- Inspect vehicle for physical damage and report as necessary to maintain safe working conditions.
- Fill out and turn in forms, such as weekly trip logs, metrics collection forms, or inspection forms as required.
- Contact supervisor and/or dispatcher when assistance is needed (e.g., if there is an accident or any other problem arises.)
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- 3+ years of experience operating a forklift and boom - type cranes.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Able to work 2nd shift & extended hours with short notice if needed to cover absences or adjoining shifts.
High school graduate or GED preferred.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position is for 2nd shift.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Other Relevant Information & Requirements:
- Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP.
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement