Market Research Director/Sr Director
Platform & Tech Clients
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Culver City, CA, USA
- 5-7 years' experience working in consumer insights, consumer research, or in an analyst/strategy role at a media/technology company (ideally some combination thereof, but supplier side experience a must.)
- 4-year BA/BS degree with a strong academic record, and with a degree in a business or social science field or one with an emphasis on statistics or quantitative research methodologies
- Excellent PowerPoint, Excel, and written and visual communication skills
- Experience with the following data analysis techniques: statistical significance testing, correlations analysis, multivariate analysis techniques (such as cluster/segmentation analysis) and conjoint and discrete choice analysis. Ability to apply techniques a plus, but not required
- Strong interest and experience in technology and social media (preferred)
- Passionate about data-driven approach and can think strategically to draw out big picture correlations, predictions, and recommendations (preferred)
- Strong visualization capabilities (preferred)
- Internally-motivated self-starter who continuously strives to get things done, regardless of challenges encountered
- Critical thinker, able to understand and respond to complex questions from clients and lead the development of research plans as well as deliver game-changing insights
- Team player able work collaboratively and/or initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal oversight
- Passion for research and, in particular, custom projects, in multiple areas of specialization/across the product and services lifecycle
- Upholding and showing leadership around NRG's core values of excellence, innovation, collaboration and enthusiasm
- Collaborate on market research studies for technology, social media and gaming, including but not limited to ad/creative tests, brand studies, trackers, messaging/positioning evaluation, and market segmentations
- Provide account development, management, and team leadership for our business focused on technology, social media & gaming clients
- Anticipate client needs through intimate familiarity with the business, and their unique challenges/opportunities, and proactively engage on a continual basis to help foster a sense of partnership and to generate business opportunity
- Provide overall program leadership and supervision of execution, ensuring timely and high-quality delivery, while designing and consulting on innovative, insightful research programs to our key growth clients
- Participate in all steps of a project including but not limited to: proposal drafting, survey design, questionnaire writing, data analysis, report writing and delivery, presentation, and post mortem
- Drive successful project execution, collaborating with senior team members and providing input/oversight to junior team members in coordinating logistics with internal & external operational teams (programming, fieldwork, facilities, moderators, data processing), and partnering with these teams to drive projects forward on stringent timelines
- Translate research data into actionable insights and recommendations through reports and presentations
- Collaborate with, coach, manage, motivate, and inspire other exceptional researchers to deliver best in class programs
- Serve as a trusted expert in technology/social media trends, staying abreast of product, service, and competitive developments
- Interest in video games and/or mobile games is a bonus!
Data driven insights and strategic consultation
National Research Group's mission is to provide insights through well-designed research that leads to creative strategies to create stronger connections with customers. They synthesize disparate data into memorable, easy to understand and actionable narratives that empower clients to make informed decisions.
- Excellence - Excellence is an unrelenting curiosity to push the limits of what’s possible in the world of content, culture and technology. The drive for preeminence touches every part of everything that we do.
- Innovation - From our approach to problem solving, to the cutting-edge solutions we’re known for, we’re catalysts of industry disruption. Innovation is in our DNA.
- Collaboration - We work collectively as a team across disciplines, learning from and inspiring each other through collaboration. The best insights stem from diverse perspectives and deep dialogue.
- Enthusiasm - We play at the intersection of creativity and science, with passion and rigor. Enthusiasm for what we do propels us to apply fresh thinking to big challenges.
- Grit - Grit and confidence in our way of thinking enables us to stay ahead of fast-changing industries. We stand by the things that matter most and aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to realize the best results.