Posted on 7/20/2022
Mountain View, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Master degree or above in computer science, electrical engineering, math, statistics, or related fields
- 5+ years of related working experience with video compression and processing technologies
- Proven track record of delivering video coding products or video standard contributors
- Good understanding of state-of-the-art video compression algorithms
- Working experience on HEVC, VVC, AV1, etc
- Experience managing leading an R&D team
- Ability to communicate/collaborate with other researchers/engineers
- Ability to think out of box
- Research, design, implement, and optimize algorithms/models that lead to improved video compression performance
- Work together with standard teams, other video technology and product teams to realize the start of the art video standards and algorithms into products
- Perform algorithm and architecture definition of various video codecs such as VVC, AV1, HEVC, VP9/VP8, AVC, MVC and so on
- Lead the definition, design and prototyping of algorithms for improving the quality and performance of the cloud-based video ingest and transcoding pipeline
- Communicate with leaders from various business groups inside the company to develop technology and product road maps
Entertainment and social conglomerate
Tencent's is on a mission to use technology for good. The company operates social messaging service WeChat and has produced some of the world's most popular games and content.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Uphold principles, ethics, openness and fairness.
- Proactivity: Pursue positive contributions, volunteer for responsibility and push for breakthroughs.
- Collaboration: Be inclusive and collaborative, strive to progress and evolve.
- Creativity: Push for breakthrough innovations, explore the possibilities of the future.