Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 2/2/2022
New York, NY, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- 5+ years of experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Experience working with and/or operating Envoy/HAProxy/Nginx or any other networking proxy
- Familiarity with networking disciplines, such as load balancers, API gateways, DNS management, HTTP2, GRPC, etc
- Experience working with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of microservice architectures
- Knowledge of an enterprise cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Hands-on experience implementing and maintaining configuration controls through infrastructure-as-code
- Design, plan, and implement architectural projects such as service mesh and RPC standardization
- Work closely with the Compute, Storage, Developer Tooling, and Security teams to ensure service mesh works seamlessly and meets high performance/security standards
- Improve and maintain the software and infrastructure that your team develops and operates
- Contribute to the technical direction for the networking platform while aligning with Reddit's overall strategy
- Collaborate with other technical experts within the Transport Infrastructure team
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.