VP of Design
Updated on 10/3/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Led product design for successful enterprise SaaS applications that have scaled across a broad range of segments, from Mid-Market to Fortune 500 companies
- Built and scaled teams of 15-20+. You've grown your hires into increasingly senior roles, you've managed managers, and you can draw from a strong network of talent
- Proven track record in building collaborative partnerships across product development and GTM teams
- You've developed a toolkit for balancing the needs of the business with the needs of product quality and delight
- You bias towards bringing quantitative and qualitative data from across the business into the design process
- Extensive experience in end-to-end product, interaction, and visual design with a high appreciation for craft
- 10+ years of product design experience, with 5+ years of experience building and scaling design teams
- Develop and own the product design vision for Ironclad. Through partnership with our executive team, engineering and product leadership, and your own earned insight, you will craft the vision for how the design of our products will evolve and how this evolution supports our business goals. You will develop and spearhead the plan to make this reality
- Design and scale the product design org and establish new functions such as design operations and research
- You'll create mentorship and sponsorship opportunities for both managers and individual contributors on the team and deepen our bench of design talent
- Ensure the team has the right context, resources, and processes to meet the design vision
- Partner closely with engineering and product leadership to ensure design investments are focused on the most critical user experiences and journeys
- Play an integral role in organization-wide efforts to understand and bridge business priorities with design and research investment and output
- Uphold product quality by assessing qualitative and quantitative signals (ex: NPS, customer feedback, insight from our GTM teams, user research, public reviews) and develop strategies to extend and maintain Ironclad's market leading usability
- Champion fast iteration, deep user research, and smart experimentation
- Enhance the presence, voice, and influence of design throughout the company
Digital contracting platform
Ironclad is on a mission to empower legal teams to do great things for their organizations. The company develops software that automates the administrative work behind business contracts.
- Network of mentors - Receive mentorship from our world-class network of mentors, including founders, salespeople, marketers, engineers, and designers.
- Health & wellness - Great health care insurance, monthly fitness reimbursement, and seasonal activities like yoga, surfing, and hikes with our dogs are just some of the ways we help take care of employee health and wellness.
- Company retreats - Twice yearly, we retreat to local spots like Tahoe or Wine Country for our company off-sites.
- Team events - We bond outside of work over games, happy hours, concerts, and more.