Senior Data Scientist - Measurement and Methodology
Posted on 6/30/2022
Burlingame, CA, USA
- 4+ years of industry experience in Data Science and Analytics
- 4+ years of experience using big data query/processing languages such as SQL, PostgreSQL, Hive or Spark to transform/manipulate very large datasets
- 4+ years of experience in one or more scripting languages such as Python or R
- Advanced degree in Econ/Econometrics, Epidemiology, Quantitative Political Science, Computational NeuroScience, or similar field at the intersection of computation, causality, and empiricism
- Experienced (3+ years) working with an internal experimentation platform running large scale experiments
- Expert in causal inference - analyzing data when randomization is either imperfect or impossible
- Experienced with machine learning in an experimentation context
- Excellent communicator with non-technical cross functional partners
- Fluent in Python, R, and SQL
- Proficient with Hive, Spark, and other distributed technologies
- Research and develop an internal experimentation platform
- Research and develop extending the experimentation platform to external game developers
- Develop statistical methods for non-standard designs. E.g., network interference from a two-sided market, non-compliance, etc
- Scale methodological best-practices to all of Roblox
- Coach company in experimentation best practices
- Evangelize the role of experimentation in the product innovation cycle
- Partner closely with analytics and product to understand their methodological needs
- Work with engineering to establish best practices for randomization at scale
- Lead variance reduction initiatives
- 6+ years of industry experience focused on inference
- Experience building scalable data products from scratch
- PhD in Statistics, Econ/Econometrics, Epidemiology, Quantitative Political Science, Computational NeuroScience, or similar field at the intersection of computation, causality, and empiricism
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done