Localization Business Development Director
Updated on 11/14/2023
Multilingual content transformation and localization services
Welocalize stands out as a global leader in multilingual content transformation, offering services in translation, localization, and adaptation across over 250 languages, backed by a robust network of in-country linguistic resources. The company's commitment to quality is demonstrated by its multiple ISO certifications and its strategy of being technology agnostic, integrating the best tools tailored to clients' needs, particularly in the realm of generative AI. With a diverse team spread across North America, Europe, and Asia, Welocalize fosters a culture of inclusivity and continuous learning, ensuring it remains at the forefront of the language services industry.
New York, New York
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 12%
1 year growth↑ 39%
2 year growth↑ 62%
Business & Strategy
Sales & Account Management
- Bachelor’s degree (BA), or equivalent work experience.
- Sales Experience in the legal sector (e-discovery, litigation, and IP are the primary areas) and able to demonstrate success in a like industry and position or similar.
- Must have current experience working with a sales quota on a monthly / yearly basis.
- Sales experience in the Legal Services sector or in the Translation / Localization space.
- Must have an understanding and proven track record working with Salesforce or related CRM.
- Has track record of procuring leads on his or her own while “owning” the business.
- Has track record of finding, closing and maintaining business including new and existing accounts.
- Strong computer skills.
- Development of an effective understanding of the Company’s business and services.
- Promotion of Welocalize’ s competitive value and expertise in the localization industry.
- Researching and analyzing industries in order to identify new business opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining client relationships.
- Working knowledge of our contact database, invoicing system, and project management software.
- Working with the Program Directors, Enterprise Project Managers and/or Project Manager (PM) to create account plans, RFPs, SOWs, quotes and ensuring that administrative details are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Working effectively as a team with operations to exceed client expectations.
- Working in a global team defining the underlying value proposition and service offerings for your existing clients and new client targets.
- In conjunction with your manager, taking responsibility and accountability for designated clients and projects.
- Collaboration with your manager and global team to define internal and external expectations and align those to specific deliverables.
- Attending and participating in weekly department meetings.
- Identifying and resolving client concerns.
- Participation in industry conferences to network, acquire industry education, build new leads and sustain current client relationships.
- Generating profitable sales that meets territory objectives through meeting and/or exceeding established sales targets.
- Cultivating and building strong business relationships with key decision makers.
- Management of the complete sales cycle from prospecting through to closing.
- Prospecting via phone, e-mail and other mediums; follow-up calls, emails.
- Demonstrating and educating the value of the service to the buyer.
- Obtaining and provision of territory information regarding market intelligence and penetration.
- Accurate planning and reporting of all sales related metrics.
- Generation of a qualified pipeline for new business and existing clients.
- Completing of required sales reporting and ensures accurate 90-day, 60-day and 30-day forecast updated weekly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Positive attitude.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others and independently in a multi-cultural atmosphere.