2024 Spring – User Experience Research Intern
Posted on 8/30/2023
Cloud-based business management software
Workiva’s mission is to power transparent reporting for a better world with their leading cloud platform. The company is committed to transforming the way people report and manage data with their platform that enables solutions for streamlining processes, connecting data and teams, and ensuring consistency in a secure manner.
Remote in USA
Lab & Research
- Progress toward BA/BS or higher in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or related discipline (or relevant experience)
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail
- Minimal travel
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future
- Intern Environment:Workiva was ranked a top 100 internship program by WayUp and ranked #20 in Best Places to Work for a reason! Our interns have the opportunity to participate in mentoring, professional development, networking, and flexible hours during their internship. We continually strive to provide numerous resources to build not just excellent interns, but excellent business professionals
- Real Work Experience:Workiva interns are treated as full-time employees and are allowed the freedom to contribute to real work that truly impacts Workiva and it's operations. From writing code in our production environment to directly supporting our customers' on our newest platform, our interns play a vital role in our company!
- Fantastic Perks:Being an intern at Workiva has benefits beyond just a paycheck. You can't beat the wellness discounts, 401k participation and match, casual dress environment, paid sick leave and countless other perks that Workiva offers!
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Opportunity at Workiva:At Workiva, we offer more than just a 12-15 week spring or summer program. 80% of our interns extend longer than just 1 semester with us to continue work on their projects. As long as you are enrolled in a degree seeking program, you could have the opportunity to be an intern at Workiva until you graduate!
- All postings close: September 24, 2023 at 11:59 CT
- Interviews: Early October
- Offers: By end of October
- Support and may start to conduct research throughout the product development process from concept to release, leveraging methods such as usability testing, online experiments, interviews, surveys, observation, and other techniques to understand users
- Assist researchers in organizing, analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data to surface key insights and findings
- Help researchers craft needed materials for research activities, such as research plans, moderator's guides, surveys, and workshop templates that align methods and scope with needs and constraints
- Assist researchers in collaborating with User Experience Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to discover and prioritize user experience opportunities with new and existing products
- Skilled in one or more relevant user research methods is a plus
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods is a plus