Encord is a London-based startup building a comprehensive training data solution for computer vision AI applications. Our mission is to enable companies to unlock the power of AI while retaining 100% control of their data. In 2021 we raised $20M from top investors including CRV, Y Combinator Continuity, the Harvard Management Company, top industry executives, and other leading Bay Area investors.
Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt first hand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building practical AI. AI feels to us like what the early days of computing or the internet must have felt like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are terrible. We have devised a unique methodology for automating the tasks related to preparing quality training data, in effect turning the training data problem into a data science problem.
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to help us build delightful backend services fuelling state-of-the-art AI applications. You will also:
• Design, build, and maintain REST and GraphQL APIs servicing both customers and internal users; build client libraries (e.g. our Python SDK)
• Collaborate closely with the business teams to understand and solve our customers’ pain points
• Work to improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes to establish engineering best practices
• Contribute to hiring additional talent to our rapidly growing team
The role will be exposed to a broad tech stack (e.g. ReactJS, Python, REST & GraphQL, OpenCV, PyTorch, GCP, AWS & CUDA, Kubernetes) and the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning.
The right candidate will have proven experience working as a backend software engineer. Experience with any of the following is a plus:
• Building distributed systems and large-scale data pipelines
• Building software solutions for machine learning applications
• Tornado or Django; Relational database systems (e.g. PostgreSQL); Docker
What We Offer
Encord offers a unique opportunity to be part of a startup with a clear mission and vision. You will get to explore and build services enterprise AI use cases across many different industry verticals such as healthcare, surveillance, retail, and agriculture.
Our work is at the cutting edge of computer vision and deep learning, which also includes working on solving unsolved problems within those fields. We offer competitive compensation and equity options in the business for the right candidate.