We offer a hybrid work environment. Most US-based positions can alsobeperformed remotely (any exceptions will be noted in the Minimum Qualifications below.)
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of all-sized businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as through partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
As a Senior Accountant, your core responsibilities include preparation of financial statements and their supporting schedules to assist with the SEC reporting process (10-Q, 10-K), month-end general ledger close procedures, and fluctuation analysis. You will assist in the completion of quarterly reviews and annual audits, and contribute to maintaining the general ledger, including the preparation of journal entries and reconciliation of account balances,and various ad hoc accounting and finance projects. You will also contribute to maintaining and improving our processes in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys taking an active role in the business.
- Assist with preparing the Company’s financial statements for internal and external reporting, including footnote disclosures in the Form 10-Q/K
- Analyze data, including period-to-period fluctuations, to substantiate period-end balances and record month-end journal entries, particularly surrounding ASC 606 revenue-related and ASC 842 lease-related entries
- Maintain general ledger accounts and monthly account reconciliations
- Research and draft technical memos on various accounting topics
- Support internal and external audit requests for quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Assist with other ad hoc projects, reporting, and analysis as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field
- Minimum three years of experience in Accounting
- Exposure with SEC reporting and US GAAP
- Proficient communication skills, written and verbal
- Detail-oriented with a sense of urgency and exceptional organizational skills
- Independent and entrepreneurial in spirit
- Adaptable - demonstrates the ability to switch gears for shifting priorities and approaches change with a positive mindset
- Experience with ASC 606 and ASC 842
- Public accounting experience at Big 4 preferred
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $72,500-$110,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location, and the range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, role-related knowledge and skills, depth of experience, relevant education or training, and additional role-related considerations.
Depending on the position offered, equity, bonuses, commission, or other forms of compensation may also be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits.
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Privacy Notice: For information about ZipRecruiter’s collection and processing of job applicant personal data for this job, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice