New York, New York
6 month growth↑ 8%
1 year growth↑ 19%
2 year growth↑ 39%
- A degree in computer science (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of experience as a SDET, Software Engineer, or similar
- Develop automation solutions (tools, frameworks, pipelines, tests) to support continuous testing and delivery
- Establish quality goals and metrics to drive continuous improvement
- Analyze metrics, logs, test data and results to identify patterns, resolve issues, and escalate risks
- Mentor developers and testers, providing technical guidance and sharing best practices
- Develop solutions to improve engineering productivity whilst maintaining quality standards
- Collaborate with developers to build and maintain our CI/CD tooling and infrastructure
- Provide constructive feedback on new code to improve quality and ensure testability
- Experience with React or similar
- Experience with build tools such as msbuild, webpack or similar
- Experience with package management such as nuget, npm, or similar
- Experience with batch, Python or PowerShell scripting
- Experience with containerization technology (preferably Docker)
- Experience with security testing
- Experience with performance and load testing
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a talented and experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to join our online development team. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in New York City.
With the rapid growth of Grand Theft Auto Online, and other long-term Social Club plans, the successful candidate will be working on bleeding edge technology with an internationally established team, while having great attention to detail, being a strong team player and have excellent communication skills.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about games, eager for new challenges, and ready to continue our legacy of creating the greatest games in the world.
WHAT WE DO
- We create connected experiences that are found across our game franchises.
- We create online services for our games, including matchmaking, cloud saves, player stats, leaderboards, and more.
- We improve existing features as well as architect new solutions to support the development of the Social Club community and website.
- We create innovative in-game experiences, including user-generated content.
- We build services and tools that support our consumer-facing experiences and our internal business needs.
- We create companion apps for our games, including second screen experiences on mobile, tablet, and the web.
- Develop automation solutions (tools, frameworks, pipelines, tests) to support continuous testing and delivery.
- Establish quality goals and metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Analyze metrics, logs, test data and results to identify patterns, resolve issues, and escalate risks.
- Mentor developers and testers, providing technical guidance and sharing best practices.
- Develop solutions to improve engineering productivity whilst maintaining quality standards.
- Collaborate with developers to build and maintain our CI/CD tooling and infrastructure.
- Provide constructive feedback on new code to improve quality and ensure testability.
- A degree in computer science (or equivalent experience).
- 5+ years of experience as a SDET, Software Engineer, or similar.
- Proficient in C#.
- Experience with T-SQL.
- Experience building automated test frameworks for unit/integration/end-to-end testing.
- Experience with automated build tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, or equivalent.
- Experience analyzing logs and interpreting large data sets.
- Experience with source control, preferably Perforce.
- Experience writing automated tests for web applications and services.
- Knowledge of non-functional testing such as accessibility, security, and performance testing.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with React or similar.
- Experience with build tools such as msbuild, webpack or similar.
- Experience with package management such as nuget, npm, or similar.
- Experience with batch, Python or PowerShell scripting.
- Experience with containerization technology (preferably Docker).
- Experience with security testing.
- Experience with performance and load testing.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in New York State (inclusive of New York City) at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.