Global Compensation Manager
Posted on 10/25/2023
AI research and deployment company
OpenAI's mission is to ensure that artificial general intelligence benefits all of humanity. OpenAI's mission is to ensure that artificial general intelligence (AGI)—by which they mean highly autonomous systems that outperform humans at most economically valuable work—benefits all of humanity.
AI & Machine Learning
Later Stage VC
San Francisco, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -22%
1 year growth↑ 85%
2 year growth↑ 271%
San Francisco, CA, USA
Customer Success & Support
- 6+ years of progressive experience in compensation, with at least 2 years in a managerial role within a global organization
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective compensation strategies in a complex, fast-paced tech environment
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of standard competitive market pay practices globally, but with the demonstrated ability (and excitement!) to break from standard practices when novel solutions are warranted
- Comprehensive understanding of startup and enterprise company equity structures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and engage with various stakeholders
- High employee empathy and understanding, with the ability to create incentive systems that truly motivate candidates and employees with a combination of intrinsic and extrinsic factors
- Pragmatic, quick-thinking, and action-oriented with a focus on customer service
- Obsessive attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Develop, implement, and manage end-to-end total compensation strategies that are competitive, equitable, and incentivize employee performance worldwide. This role will own the entire stack from philosophy to execution of compensation initiatives.
- Conduct global compensation research, using both standard benchmarking tools and more creative approaches in order to keep us on top of ever-changing market dynamics, ensuring our practices are forward-thinking and aligned with organizational goals.
- Administer all components of our compensation program, annual salary, unique equity offerings, and other components of a total compensation program.
- Ensure that our total compensation offerings are effectively communicated and understood across the organization and externally to candidates.
- Foster a holistic view of employee performance and satisfaction, ensuring a harmonious alignment between compensation, recognition, and employee development initiatives.
- Analyze and interpret data on employee performance to inform compensation decisions and strategy.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations.
- Prepare and present analytical reports on compensation matters to senior management and other stakeholders, working closely with HR, Finance, and Legal departments to ensure a collaborative approach to compensation management.
- Experience in a global organization
- Experience in the tech industry
- Knowledge of AI research and deployment
- Experience with startup and enterprise company equity structures