Software Engineer, Credit Card
Posted on 10/5/2021
Cottonwood Heights, UT, USA
- Bachelors Degree, in a technical field
- 1 year programming experience, ideally on a modern stack. Internships and relevant school experience will be considered
- Our core stack is Java / Kotlin / Spring / PostgreSQL / React. Familiarity with any OOP language and an understanding of relational databases is a great start
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Agile Development Experience
- API Design experience
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others, and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and diving deep into the details
- Delivering resilient and scalable code
- Owning and ideating on technical solutions for product requirements and user stories with minimal supervision
- Participating in code and design reviews
- Generating ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Communicating engineering concepts and efforts with outside stakeholders in product marketing, operations, business, legal, and compliance
- Working in a fast-moving, highly-collaborative environment across multiple offices
- Experience with microservice architecture
Lender and financial services provider
SoFi’s mission is to help people reach financial independence to realize their ambitions.
- You’re taken care of. SoFi employees receive comprehensive health, vision, dental, life insurance, and disability benefits—as well as flexible time off, fitness, fertility, and family planning options.
- Realize your ambitions. We want to help our employees achieve financial freedom, just like our members. That’s why we contribute $200 per month toward your student loans to help pay down your debt—plus free financial classes.
- Never stop learning. We offer frequent training, mentorship opportunities, and leadership programs to develop our people. We also cover tuition costs for approved programs, up to $5,250 per year.
- Put our members’ interests first.
- Run after problems.
- Embrace diversity. Everyone should feel welcome, included and able to contribute.
- Get to the truth and make principle-based decisions.
- Make your footprint bigger than your foot.
- Do the right thing. If you’re not sure, do the harder thing.
- Set ambitious goals, be gritty, be accountable.
- Take care of other people and help them grow.
- Iterate, learn, innovate.
- Be SoFi missionaries.
- …and don’t forget to smile.