San Francisco, California
6 month growth↑ 5%
1 year growth↑ 15%
2 year growth↑ 74%
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent technical experience
- Experience and/or passion for working with big data
- Own the cross domain data collection, data enrichment, and anomaly detection of the Cisco Networking portfolio
- Work across the Cisco Networking portfolio to drive meaningful outcomes as it relates to data collection and enrichment
- Bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a focus on data driven insights to help build a long term strategy for the team
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering and design to ship product experiences that customers love
- Stay hands-on with customers to keep them happy today, while gaining insight for future ideas
- Thoughtfully prioritize to maximize the impact of engineering effort
- Higher level degree (MBA, MS, etc.)
- Comfortable in the code
Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As the world continues its digital transformation and relies more on cloud services and the Internet, the “network,” which is now both public and private, has become a black box our customers cannot see or understand.
Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered real-time view of the Internet and private networks, cloud, and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers identify problems before they impact revenue, damage brand reputation, or halt employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within the Cisco Networking Business Group and is the Network Assurance solution for Cisco across the Cisco Networking Cloud and Cisco Security Cloud. ThousandEyes is also a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Full-Stack Observability (“FSO”) business.
About The Team
Digital experiences rely on a vast ecosystem of internal infrastructure, ISPs, cloud providers, SaaS applications and many other external services that are critically dependent on the Internet. Our customers are reliant on an exponentially increasing set of tools to improve their digital posture and solve problems in real time. But with so many tools, the problem solving process is confusing and inconsistent. While the business is losing money and productivity with system downtime, teams are spending critical man hours solving a problem while looking across a huge set of tools.
At Cisco ThousandEyes, we have a unique advantage. By tapping into the broad Cisco ecosystem and the totality of networking data at our fingertips, we can provide our customers the appropriate context to solve their problems and drastically reduce their mean time to resolution. The Network Assurance Data Platform team leverages AI/ML technology to identify anomalies and provide guided remediation for our Cisco Networking customers. We are looking to expand our charter and serve as the de facto big data platform across all of Cisco Networking.
About The Role
As a Senior Product Manager at ThousandEyes, you will own the cross domain data collection, data enrichment, and anomaly detection of the Cisco Networking portfolio. You’ll set direction by working directly with customers, and make plans come to life by leading a cross-functional team of design, engineering, and go-to-market. Your mission is to deliver meaningful customer and business value by shipping the right product at the right time.
What You’ll Do
- Work across the Cisco Networking portfolio (Cisco Meraki, Cisco Catalyst Center, Cisco SD-WAN, ThousandEyes) to drive meaningful outcomes as it relates to data collection and enrichment.
- Bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a focus on data driven insights to help build a long term strategy for the team.
- Bring a platform mindset, with an eye towards building extensible and reusable infrastructure and workflows.
- Generate and shepherd creative ideas, both large and small, that bring value to customers and the business.
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering and design to ship product experiences that customers love.
- Stay hands-on with customers to keep them happy today, while gaining insight for future ideas.
- Thoughtfully prioritize to maximize the impact of engineering effort.
This role requires the ability to travel approximately once a quarter.
What We’re Looking For
- Technical Acumen: You will work closely with engineering to understand technical tradeoffs and their impact on the product. Being comfortable in the code is a plus, but not required.
- Product Sense: Our favorite product managers bring together insights from every corner (customers, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams) to design and build the best product experience.
- Curiosity: The best candidates understand that creativity and growth start with a curious, humble mindset and asking thoughtful questions.
- Ownership: The best product managers take the responsibility of delivering a successful product to heart, and step in wherever needed, even if crossing typical role boundaries; they never shy away from the details nor lose sight of the bigger picture.
- Communication: Effective communication to any audience (company leadership, engineering, customers, and more) is key to success in this role.
- Attitude & Ambition: The best candidates are smart, hard working, competitive, and not afraid to fail. They are team first but willing to take the lead with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Have 5+ years of Product Management experience, ideally with demonstrated success in enterprise/SaaS software products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent technical experience, higher level degree (MBA, MS, etc.) a bonus but not required
- Experience and/or passion for working with big data
Cisco values the perspectives and skills that emerge from employees with diverse backgrounds. That’s why Cisco is expanding the boundaries of discovering top talent by not only focusing on candidates with educational degrees and experience but also placing more emphasis on unlocking potential. We believe that everyone has something to offer and that diverse teams are better equipped to solve problems, innovate, and create a positive impact.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not believe you meet every single qualification. Not all strong candidates will meet every single qualification. Research shows that people from underrepresented groups are more prone to experiencing imposter syndrome and doubting the strength of their candidacy. We urge you not to prematurely exclude yourself and to apply if you’re interested in this work.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
US – COMPENSATION RANGE
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.