Application Security Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Canada • Remote in USA
- 5 or more years of experience in Product or Application Security. Including Threat Models, Code Reviews and Penetration Testing
- Implemented automated tooling and self-service capabilities that improved the efficiency of product security
- Knowledge of current threats, vulnerabilities and risks and how to mitigate them
- Knowledge of security impacts and controls for applications in cloud environments (AWS)
- Passionate about building a big business that transforms the healthcare industry
- Thrive in a fast-paced autonomous environment
- Excited about the ambiguity of an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing company, and able to juggle many projects and responsibilities
- Great communication, prioritization, and project management skills
- Be part of the team building a world-class product security function:
- Design and perform application security processes, such as threat models, code reviews and penetration tests, against our products
- Build software used by engineering teams to ensure their code is secure
- Evaluate, deploy and own tooling designed for application security activities, such as code scanning and dependency management
- Review roadmaps, designs and specifications with our Product teams to help craft the product security features and improvements
- Be an active voice crafting our long term plans and strategy for the application and product security function
- Partner with our development teams to educate and help them follow best practices to ensure their applications are secure
- Develop metrics and reporting to demonstrate the status and progress of the customer product security program
- Be an active voice, not just at Datavant but the community to evangelize best security practices
Healthcare data platform
Datavant's mission is to connect the world’s health data to improve patient outcomes.
- Competitive Salaries & Rewards
- Generous Parental & Family Leave
- Ability to work anywhere in the US and Canada
- Meaningful equity
- Competitive Benefits – Full Family Coverage
- WFH Stipend & Monthly Credit
- Commitment to Learning & Development
- Unlimited PTO
Company Core Values
- More Responsibility, Fewer Rules - We have a culture of trust. Every Datavanter has a real project from their first week. Engineers begin checking in code almost immediately.
- We Grow Leaders - We promote from within to preserve culture and provide unrivaled growth opportunities for our team members.
- Perfect Is Good, Done Is Better - We move quickly, with a bias towards action.
- Time Is Our Most Valuable Asset - We prioritize automation and proactively eliminate bottlenecks. And aim to be punctual.
- Playing To Strengths - As an organization, we only build products and compete in markets where we decisively can win. As team members, we focus on our individual super-powers instead of correcting for weaknesses.
- Feedback Is A Gift - We proactively provide feedback to our peers and managers in the same warm, open-minded spirit of giving or receiving a gift to a friend. As an organization, we are transparent about both the problems and successes facing the company.
- We Work Hard - We believe that success requires long hours and is driven more by perspiration than inspiration. We don’t rest on past successes, individually or as a company.
- Always Pass The “Loved One Test” - You should be proud of the work you do with us, and we won’t make decisions that compromise that.