Sales Operations Analyst
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
- Minimum 4 years sales operations experience, preferably in a fast growing environment
- Interest in Figma
- Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude
- Deep SFDC expertise and knowledge of enterprise SaaS tools(e.g. Outreach, Clearbit)
- Comfortable building high-quality and complex spreadsheets, models and presentations
- A collaborative working style, with experience working across the company with teams of varied size to achieve common goals
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
- Developing and maintaining weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and KPIs
- Ongoing analysis on the sales funnel and other business trends for the Sales Leadership team
- Creating and maintaining Sales Operations policies, processes, training, and sales-related material
- Ensure our CRM consolidates all our customer information and provides trusted insights for the team
- Partner with adjacent groups like Sales Systems & Business Operations, Finance, Marketing and Legal
Collaborative online design tools
Figma's mission to make design accessible to everyone. The company operates a suite of suite of industry leading collaborative design tools.
- Competitive salary & equity
- Retirement with company contribution
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Company recharge days
- Work from home stipend
- Health, Dental, & Vision
- Parental leave & fertility support
- Generous PTO
- Learning & development stipend
- Cell phone reimbursement
Company Core Values
- Build community - We’re multiplayer people who love the weird, wonderful magic that happens when people connect. We build bridges — with both our Figmates and our users.
- Run with it - Building Figma is about taking initiative, being bold and charting a new course, not running a playbook. Figmates are building the future of design by tackling big, scary, exciting challenges like Figma’s future depends on it. Because it does.
- Love your craft - We build for builders and try to make complex things feel simple. We ask why until we get to the core and continually focus on solving the right problem, not just shipping work.
- Grow as you go - Everyone’s a work in progress, and we’re here to help each other grow. With humility and curiosity, we give and get the ❤️ and 💯, and the direct feedback we all need to become great.