Posted on 3/28/2022
- Excellent quantitative and communication skills
- Fluency in Excel, SQL data visualization software required
- Able to use third party business tools to help surface insights (e.g Salesforce, SQL Server, Synapse, & MDM technologies
- 10+ years of hands-on experience working with relevant corporate data sets
- Experience solving real-world data problems with code
- Ability to direct and organize program activities
- Skill in influencing, negotiation, mediation, and problem resolution
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities under pressure
- 10+ years of IT experience within Global IT environments including cloud and third party outsourced components
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Administration (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or a related field is required. Experience may be substituted on a year for year basis
- Ability to establish and evaluate program policies, procedures, goals and objectives that support the strategic plan
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives, and implement effective solutions
- Ability to logically assemble and evaluate information
- Ability to prepare concise reports and analyze complex information
- Demonstrates problem solving, decision-making, and process-improvement skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and capabilities
- Designs databases to support business enterprise applications and logical data modeling according to project requirements for data acquisition and security as well as customer-defined deliverables
- Collaborates with internal and external personnel, including system architects, software developers, database administrators, design analysts and information modeling experts to determine project requirements and capabilities, and strategize development and implementation timelines
- Develops architectural strategies for data modeling, design and implementation to meet stated requirements for metadata management, operational data stores and Extract Transform Load environments
- Overseas the creation of data models for a variety of business data, applications, database structures and metadata tables to meet operational goals for performance and efficiency
- Supports database administrators, network designers and IT personnel to create effective and secure methods for data backup and recovery
Open-source code hosting
GitHub is on a mission is to build a global platform for developer collaboration. The company operates an open-source coding hosting and collaboration platform
- A diverse and inclusive workplace - At GitHub, we think that a diverse company is a strong company, and we work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Learn more about our commitment to diversity.
- Work happier - Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Lead from any location - GitHub is a remote-first company with offices located throughout the US, Europe, and Asia. Whether you live near an office or not, GitHub believes you can do your best work wherever you are. If you work remotely, you will receive a stipend to outfit your home office and receive reoccurring reimbursement refreshes.
- Put your health and family first - You’ll enjoy 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings, including coverage for dependents. We also offer five months of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year.
- Find your zen - GitHub provides a monthly wellness stipend designed to cover anything from gym memberships, massage, meditation apps, or any other wellness related expenses.
- Invest in your future - At GitHub, you’ll have a stake in the future success of our platform with equity grants. For full-time employees, we offer competitive 401k planning with a 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit.
- Keep growing - Learn how you learn best. From books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.
- Give back to your community - We believe in sharing our time, resources, and products to contribute to positive social impact. GitHub matches charitable donations up to $15,000 per calendar year. And for each hour (up to 40 hours) of volunteering per year, you will receive $20 to donate to an organization of your choice.
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.