Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Westport, CT, USA
- Are analytical, highly logical, and structured
- Are deeply interested in understanding financial markets
- Think in terms of systems and naturally look for ways to solve problems through the evolution of those systems
- Hold a high degree of personal responsibility and ownership in everything you do
- 4-year degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
- You will operate the systematized investment logic we use to create ideal portfolios for our clients
- You will oversee a set of processes that ingests updated market data along with our view from our research department, applies portfolio construction logic, risk controls, and client specific constraints to determine those ideal portfolios
- You will oversee our logic for choosing which instruments we want to hold and then deliver the set of trades necessary to implement our portfolios to our trading department
- You will regularly communicate your understanding and assessment to a diverse group of people, including senior investment managers, traders, and developers
- You will partner with technologists and researchers to constantly improve our processes, focusing on increasing efficiency or the implementation of new logic or portfolios
- Executing and overseeing the systematized logic we use to generate client portfolios and trades every day
- Understanding and effectively communicating the state of those portfolios to our senior investment teams and CIOs
- Working with technologists and researchers to construct new investment implementation systems or overhaul old ones
- Driving initiatives to improve the quality, reliability, and efficiency of the systems you own
- Evolving the methods and best practices used by the broader investment community
- Undergoing a training program of structured classes and on-the-job apprenticeship
- Taking ownership of increasingly complex systems and processes
- Taking on oversight and mentorship responsibilities to grow talent as you gain experience
- Opportunities to grow your career across Bridgewater depending on your strengths, weaknesses, and experience
World's largest hedge fund
Bridgewater Associates is an asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for global institutional investors.
- Best-in-class medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, with all premiums fully covered by Bridgewater, for employees and their dependents.
- Generous dental and vision insurance offerings.
- Concierge patient services for anyone dealing with serious or chronic issues and the capability to find the highest quality doctors in their area.
- Telemedicine service with 24/7 availability of medical professionals at no cost to employees.
- Confidential and free counseling services with licensed therapists and clinicians provided through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Healthcare Advocate advisors to help navigate the healthcare system.
- Ability to take time off when employees need it: Our new flexible paid time off policy requires employees to take a minimum of 15 days per year, with no cap. In addition, there are 16 annual company holidays — the standard NYSE schedule plus six additional holidays, yielding several four-day weekends throughout the year.
- Unlimited, fully paid sick days for all Bridgewater employees.
- Paid and unpaid leave of absence options, including fully paid short-term disability, long-term disability benefits, and bereavement.
- Eight weeks of fully paid parental bonding and care-giving time for all new parents with an additional eight weeks of paid medical recovery time for those who give birth.
- Optional part-time ramp back program for returning parents as they transition back to work.
- State-of-the-art mother’s rooms with equipment and accessories to support breastfeeding mothers.
- Resources for parents, including a working parents group, support finding childcare, and support for parents of children with behavioral or developmental special needs.
- Support for family planning that includes financial assistance for adoption, surrogacy, and egg/embryonic freezing costs.
- 30 days of back-up dependent care, with access to a national network of childcare centers, in-home providers, and eldercare resources as well as discounted rates on academic support services.
- Pet insurance plans that reimburse eligible veterinary expenses relating to wellness coverage, accidents, illnesses, and injuries.
- For employees on Guard or Reserve assignments, Bridgewater ensures full pay for up to a year and continuous benefits coverage for up to two years.
- Competitive 401(k) plan that matches up to $15k of employee contributions annually, with immediate eligibility and vesting.
- Free and automatic enrollment into Basic Life insurance; supplemental life insurance is available at cost for employees who are looking for additional coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts for eligible health and dependent care expenses, which allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible medical needs, childcare, or eldercare.
- Competitive group rates for life and accident insurance, auto and home insurance, and group legal plans.
- Commuter benefit program that allows employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for commuting costs via public transportation.
- Remote work flexibility with most employees required to work onsite 2-3 days per week, with flexibility to work offsite on other days.
- Free access to on-site gyms and meditation rooms.
- Free daily prepared lunch and a variety of on-the-go meals, snack, and beverage options.
- Engaged and active community that includes frequent company events (such as our Distinguished Speaker Series), several affinity networks, and nearly 100 employee-led extracurricular groups.