Machine Learning Research Scientist
Natural Language Processing
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Mountain View, CA, USA
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Consistent track record of publishing at high-impact conferences/journals (e.g., CoRL, ICLR, NeurIPS, ICML, UAI, RSS, ICRA, COLT, CDC, L4DC, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, PAMI, IJCV, etc.) on some of the aforementioned topics
- Proficiency with one or more coding languages and systems, preferably python, Unix, and a DL framework (e.g., PyTorch)
- Can identify, propose, and lead new research projects, working in collaboration with other researchers and engineers to complete it from initial idea to working solution
- Passionate about ML research
- A reliable teammate who loves to think big, go deeper and delivers with integrity
- Conduct daring research primarily in Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Planning, Dialog, and Robotics that solves open problems of high practical and/or ethical value and validate it in real-world benchmarks and systems
- Push the boundaries of knowledge and the state of the art in areas including language and vision for robotics
- Partner with a multidisciplinary team including other research scientists and engineers across the ML team, TRI, Toyota, and our university partners
- Stay up to date on the state-of-the-art in Machine Learning ideas
- Present results in verbal and written communications, internally, at top international venues, and via open-source contributions to the community
- Lead collaborations with our external research partners (e.g., Stanford, Berkeley, MIT) and mentor research interns
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering). Ph.D. in Machine Learning, Robotics, Control Theory, Computer Vision, or related fields preferred
- Expertise in at least one key ML area
R&D arm of Toyota
Toyota Research Institute's mission is to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. They're dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life.
- Highly competitive benefits package
- Robust programs to support the wellbeing, happiness, and health of our people and their families.
- 401(k) plan including matching and annual profit sharing along with total vacation and holidays totaling 38 days per year.
- Subsidized commuter benefits and generous employee and vehicle allowances
- 2 paid days per year to participate in volunteer activities.
- Maternity Leave program with 10 paid weeks plus baby bonding leave and Milk Stork for traveling moms
- Baby Bonding Leave–an additional 16 paid weeks–to all new parents, including those who choose to adopt.
- Back-up child and adult / elder care programs to help everyone thrive
- WellBeats Virtual Fitness Trainer.
Company Core Values
- Be Yourself - We bring our full selves to work every day. Our diverse views, history, personality, character, and experiences are invaluable to TRI and Toyota.
- Respect One Another - We celebrate everyone’s differences, opinions, and perspective. We practice mutual respect and act with integrity.
- Assume Best Intentions - People are good. We trust and give them the benefit of the doubt. We assume they act the way they do because they believe it’s best for TRI.
- Think Globally - We don’t work or think in silos. Our work impacts people within TRI, Toyota, and our communities around the world. We always make it about collaboration.
- Make it Happen - We are proactive, not reactive. We push boundaries because we’re not afraid to fail. We succeed together.
- Embrace Diversity - We believe diversity makes us stronger, including diversity of ethnicity, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education, personality, skills, experiences, and knowledge.
- Always Learn - We believe in constant improvement and advancement of ideas and beliefs. We embrace Hansei and Kaizen. We are on a journey to explore, experiment, and learn together.