Staff engineer, Atomistic & quantum simulation developer
Posted on 6/14/2022
San Jose, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- PhD in EE or physics or related fields
- C/C++ and Python programming skills (MPI, CUDA etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player, as part of a local and globally distributed team
- Good oral and writing skills for communication and documentation
- Resourceful Achiever: self-motivated and proactive, you flex to try new approaches and creatively solve problems
- Avid Learner: you thrive with challenges, seek continuous growth and improvement, and seek data to prove your hypotheses
- Devoted Professional: you are diligent and deliberate in your work, leveraging your expertise to deliver results without ego
- Thoughtful Collaborator: you build relationships across teams, offering help and welcoming ideas from others to drive work forward in an inclusive manner
- Quantum transport simulation (Density-functional tight-binding etc.)
- Knowledge of semiconductor process and experience on process simulations (TCAD simulation)
- Optimization of numerical simulation (Sparse linear/eigen solvers, approximate computing etc.)
- Development of atomistic and multi-physics models and solution methods for semiconductor device/process simulations
- Development of advanced algorithms and models for highly efficient numerical simulations
- Path-finding researches on next generation semiconductor logic/memory devices
- Identify and implement best practices for quality and efficiency
- Work as part of a global team focused on quality, reliability and performance
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.