Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
Intel Corporation’s state of the art facilities gives you the opportunity to learn a variety of technical and operational skills to develop, operate, maintain, and repair the world’s most advanced facility equipment, in a demanding and challenging operations environment.
Life at Intel link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/life-at-intel.html
This part-time internship is supporting work in Folsom, CA and will be primarily virtual but requiring some on-site, in-person engagements to support events. The role will average 20 hours per week, desired for at least 12 months. Candidates may be needed for occasional weekend or evening event support.
As a Public Affairs Intern your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain community outreach programs that create this goodwill.
- Interact with many internal and external (non-profits, chambers of commerce) groups through stakeholder management to support employee volunteerism and reputation.
- Help identify, plan and execute virtual and face-to-face site-wide and business-unit specific volunteer projects.
- Assist with other community engagement initiatives through administration, communications, and overall program support tasks.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Tolerance of ambiguity.
- Attention to detail.
- Skills to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Willing to work under tight deadlines and within flexible hours.
- Project development and time management skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Cultural competency.
- Interpersonal skills; skills to build relationships with a diverse range of people.
Intel invests in our people and offers a complete and competitive package of benefits employees and their families through every stage of life.
See https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html for more details.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research, and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
This position is not eligible for employment-based visa/immigration sponsorship. Intel sponsors individuals for employment-based visas for positions where we experience a shortage of US Workers. These skills shortage roles are typically STEM contributing positions requiring a Master’s or Ph.D. degree, or a Bachelor’s degree with three years’ related job experience. This position does not qualify for Intel Sponsorship because it is either (1) a non-STEM contributing position, or (2) a STEM position that only requires a Bachelor’s degree and less than three years’ experience.
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Science or Arts in Public Relations, Communications, or a closely related field with experience in the following:
- Event planning and volunteering
- Excel, specifically sorting and analyzing data.
- Volunteering experience within the Sacramento region or direct relationships with regional 501c3s.
- Understanding of Sacramento print, radio, and TV news media outlets.
- Promotional writing samples. Examples of promotional writing include newsletters, social media copy on behalf of a business or organization, ad copy, and op eds.
2+ months of experience in at least 2 of the following:
- Corporate Social Responsibility and/or Social Equity concepts
- Database entry and analysis
- Keeping stakeholders apprised of project status
- Independently working to deadlines
- Interaction with business and/or community leaders
Student / Intern
Shift 1 (United States of America)
US, California, Folsom
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
As the world’s largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Position of Trust
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in
Salaryrangedependent on a number of factors including location and experience.
Work Model for this Role
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.