Antenna Test Development Engineer
Phased Array Design, Starlink
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Redmond, WA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other engineering discipline
- RF experience with antennas or communication systems
- 1+ year experience with radio test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generators, and network analyzers
- 1+ years of programming experience in Python, C#, C++, or MATLAB
- Master's degree in electrical engineering or similar engineering degree
- Experience designing test solutions for electronics
- 1+ years of experience analyzing electrical schematics to develop test plans, improve test coverage, and root cause issues
- 1+ years of experience working with environmental testing such as HALT/HASS, thermal, vibration, shock, humidity, and climatic
- 1+ years of professional experience testing, troubleshooting, and debugging RF electronics (WiFi routers, phased arrays, modems)
- 1+ years of experience testing products to meet FCC, IEC, ETSI, EU and international standards
- 1+ years of professional experience with fast-paced projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly cross-functional role
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding startup atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Must be willing to travel domestically or internationally as needed
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Rapidly develop engineering and design validation test solutions for our high-volume phased array antennas, including measuring overall antenna performance (radiation patterns, SNR, EVM, G/T, EIRP, ACLR, etc.)
- Analyze collected data and collaborate with RF/antenna engineers to understand device performance and help resolve design issues
- Write automation software in python to interact with units under test, test equipment, instrumentation, and documentation systems
- Root cause test failures to ensure issues are fully understood and to provide design recommendations for the product to increase performance, reliability, and yield
- You will interact regularly with senior leadership to influence the fundamental operation of our constellation and network while collaborating with electrical, silicon, software, mechanical, and manufacturing teams to steer this project from initial concept development to full-scale production
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.