Principal Software Engineer
Player Platform, Developer Platform Leadership
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years prior experience in Software Engineering
- 3+ years experience as tech leader for large scoped products/teams, or as subject matter expert in engineering domains across multiple teams
- Experience with with cloud computing/technologies, distributed systems, and object-oriented programming
- Experience coaching those around you across all roles, and mentoring mid and senior level engineers
- Experience working with members outside of your immediate organization to achieve team/organization goals
- Experience implementing software engineering best practices within your team
- Developing, implementing, maintaining a complete technical vision and strategy for the Developer Platform organization, while ensuring their alignment and furthering of Player Platform's and Riot's visions
- Ensure all the teams within DevPlat are held to our standards and shared technical goals, as well as identifying opportunities for tech to improve the product and improve sustainable development
- Providing leadership, guidance, and coaching to Developer Platform's various Tech Leads
- Collaborating with Riot Game Teams like VALORANT, League of Legends, TFT and new in-development games, as well as Experiences teams (e.g. entertainment and esports) on adopting Player Platform's features and capabilities. This includes working with their technical leaders to wholly understand their needs and challenges when working with central technologies at Riot
- Iterate with Product/Program Managers to share tech vision and goals and account for technical constraints
- Filling mission-critical technical gaps as needed, with the ability to take on and/or provide leadership in complex deep technical projects, as well as broad projects across organization and discipline boundaries
- Manage relationships across the organization and create opportunities for DevPlat to have Player Platform-wide and Riot-wide impact
- Creating a technical vision and the technical strategies to achieve it, aligning an org around it them
- Broad background in languages, platforms, services architectures, mobile, and web
- Experience working on a global scale consumer product or online game
- Experience building SDKs
- Experience building web portals
- Game industry experience
Online game developer
Riot Games' mission is to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world.
- Family Care
- Open Paid Time Off
- Play Fund
- Donation Matching
Company Core Values
- Player Experience First.
- Dare to Dream.
- Thrive Together.
- Execute with Intelligence.
- Stay Hungry; Stay Humble