As part of Major League Baseball’s Engineering organization, we are responsible for delivering software to our fans as well as to the broader baseball community. Our teams are continually shipping new releases and functionality - therefore, we have a responsibility to ensure that the software works as expected and provides the best user experience. We are looking for Test Engineers who are passionate about working at the intersection of Technology and Baseball.
In the role of Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for leading thetest effort on one of the project teams within our Media & Streaming group that delivers live baseball games (MLB.TV), video on demand, and other live video content to our fans. This role will serve as a core member of an Agile team, collaborating with world-class Application Developers, Project Managers, and Product Managers to deliver the highest quality services in a timely and efficient manner.
- Authoring test plans and test cases around service requirements for automated and manual test execution
- Executing automated/manual tests to ensure the quality and functionality of the service(s)
- Developing test automation suites, participating in code reviews and identifying high value opportunities to leverage automated testing
- Ensuring that automated tests are running successfully and debugging/fixing failed tests
- Identifying defects and capturing them effectively in bug tracking system
- Proposing process improvements and evangelizing quality throughout the software development process
- Demonstrating product/platform expertise to uncover design and implementation risks early in planning and design phases
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies such as stand ups, spring planning and retrospectives
- Estimating test efforts, and analyzing and communicating test results and coverage in Agile ceremonies
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of industry standard test processes and methodologies
- Experience working with back-end services (REST services, API’s, JSON, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development/Quality Engineering
- 3+ years of experience developing automated tests using Java, RESTAssured and Selenium Webdriver
- Experience with developing Performance Testing scripts using JMeter
- Expertise with development tools (eg. GitHub, Jenkins, JIRA, TestRail)
- Expertise with API proxy and monitoring tools (Charles, Fiddler, Postman)
- Knowledge of streaming media applications and testing
- Proven ability to translate functional requirements and use cases into working test plans and test cases
- Excellent problem solving, communication and troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to learn new things and desire to overcome challenges
Major League Baseball (MLB) is the most historic of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. Employees love working at MLB because of the culture of opportunity, collaboration, and professionalism. The professionals who are most successful at MLB take initiative, know how to identify and solve problems, put the team first, and work collaboratively. For those who are ready to join the “Major Leagues” of their careers, MLB takes the same approach as they do with their players: striving to empower their own “workforce athletes” to be at their best by engineering experiences that put employees in the best position to succeed. Major League Baseball is looking for candidates who are ready to step up to the plate and continue transforming America’s pastime to best serve its fans for decades to come.
MLB’s vision is to be the global sport of choice for youth to play, fans of all backgrounds to enjoy and a desired destination for employment.
With a belief that the journey to growth and greatness is ongoing, MLB gives employees the opportunity to continue learning and honing their skills with programs such as: tuition reimbursement; mentorship programs; lunch and learns; online course subscriptions; paid industry certifications; business resource groups; and more.
MLB provides its employees with exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage. Premiums are 100% employer covered to help employees focus on being their best!
Are you ready to Step Up to the Plate? Apply below!
Per the NYC pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is $130,000 to $150,000.
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, skills and any other factors Major League Baseball (MLB) considers relevant to the hiring decision. In addition to your salary, MLB believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package for its employees. MLB offers employees a full range of best in class benefits with no employee contributions towards medical, dental, and vision coverage premiums, as well as incentive and recognition programs, life insurance and automatic employer 401k contributions. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and the terms of official plan documents which may be modified or amended from time to time.