Head of Engineering
Data Platform and Analytics
Updated on 10/3/2022
Remote • United States
- 10+ years of technical/people leadership experience in Data Engineering/Data Infrastructure and Data Platforms
- Passion for making a difference at work
- Experience managing multiple teams to achieve timely outcomes
- Prior experience scaling an organization for growth
- The ability to recruit and nurture top talent
- Demonstrated technical breadth and depth as evidenced by papers, code, and/or presentations
- The ability to set ambitious goals with measurable results using frameworks such as OKRs
- A deep understanding of technical trends
- Experience working with product management to collaboratively set and deliver on a vision
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Clear understanding of the software development lifecycle from reviewing requirements to debugging complex systems in production
- Experience maintaining and operating always-on cloud services
- Strong customer focus
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- You and your team will create tools that make it easy for non-technical users to easily, and reliably, transform and query data
- Our goal is to empower all Twilions to rapidly get deep insights from data. You'll need to think outside the box to achieve this goal
- We are all owners of the products we are building, everyone is empowered to drive the product vision forward
- You're empathetic, patient, and love to help your team grow
- You believe in being open and transparent with your team. Whenever you see an opportunity for feedback you provide it in a timely, clear and direct way
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives