Posted on 8/13/2022
- Betterment: a tireless pursuit to drive results
- Boldness: take risks and act decisively
- Deep Honesty: invite and offer candid feedback in order to learn, change, and grow
- Solidarity: recognize that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and are committed to our mission
- 1-3 years experience in a data-related field, including data engineering, data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization, and/or data science
- Strong software engineering skills and at least one scripting language (e.g., Python)
- Proficient with relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity and experience with big data technologies (eg: Hive, Spark, Presto) preferred
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Independence and passion for innovation and learning new technologies
- Architect scalable data models and build efficient and reliable ETL pipelines to bring the data into our core data lake
- Design, build, and launch visualization and self-serve analytics products that empower our internal and external customers with flexible insights
- Build data expertise, and partner with data scientists and product engineers to define and standardize business rules and maintain high-fidelity data
- Define and partner with other engineers in the development of new tools to enable our customers to understand and access data more efficiently
- Work cross-functionally (eg: product managers, engineers, business teams) to support new product and feature launches
- Databricks Delta Lake
Online education company
Coursera’s mission is to provide quality learning experience to anyone, anywhere. The company is building a global online learning platform that offers on-demand online courses and degrees.
- Lifelong learning - Coursera covers the cost of tuition so you can earn a free master’s degree and develop new skills. That’s on top of free, lifelong access to courses and certificates on the platform.
- Health and wellness - We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents. Plus, free access to counseling and mental health services.
- Parental leave - Get up to 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave when you grow your family and bring a new child into your life.
- Make-a-thon - We host Make-a-thon events twice a year to promote community and innovation. During Make-a-thon, you’ll dedicate time to attend workshops, work on passion projects, and pursue ideas outside of your day-to-day work.
- Time away - Take paid time off when you need it. We have time off policies that promote flexibility so you can tailor your work schedule when life calls.
- Remote work - Our flexibility extends to where you work. You can choose to work from home, work from one of our offices, or try a combination of the two.
- Equity - Employees earn company stock, so you can own what we build together and share in our success.