Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We’re looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than facetime, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
About the Role
Do you have a passion for transforming businesses through effective internal communications strategies? Do you craft and deliver quality communications across the business, including executive thought-leadership, change adoption, business strategy and transformation, and crisis communications management? Do you thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environments? We are seeking a senior, forward-thinking communicator to join our Communications team to help drive strategic plans and execute them in partnership with cross-functional teams.
As the Senior Manager of Internal Communications, your primary focus will be to oversee and implement effective internal communications strategies to increase employee engagement and drive real business benefits. A secondary focus will be supporting external communications initiatives as needed, including crisis and issues management.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Lead the internal communications function while the Director is on maternity leave
- Support a small but mighty team that embodies a “one team” mentality. In practice, that means leaning into roles and responsibilities outside of your scope to support team members
- Establish relationships with senior leaders and cross-functional business partners to become a trusted internal communications advisor
- Advise leaders across the company on internal/change management communications strategies
- Provide strategic internal and external crisis management counsel on sensitive issues
- Own the development and delivery of comprehensive, actionable change management and engagement plans/activities for change projects
- Act as a champion of our brand standards
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 8-10 years of experience in a communications role, ideally with both internal and external experience
- Brings experience in change management, financial services and/or at a growth-stage company (an asset)
- Brings significant experience in crisis management and corporate communications
- Has exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Is diplomatic in all communications and shows discretion with confidential and sensitive information
- Thrives in fast-paced and ambiguous environments. We move quickly and need to adapt to changing priorities and solve problems based on the information at hand
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life’s best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.