Do you want to change the world? Zipline is on a mission to transform the way goods move. Our aim is to solve the world’s most urgent and complex access challenges by building, manufacturing and operating the first instant delivery and logistics system that serves all humans equally, wherever they are. From powering Rwanda’s national blood delivery network and Ghana’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution, to providing on-demand home delivery for Walmart, to enabling healthcare providers to bring care directly to U.S. homes, we are transforming the way things move for businesses, governments and consumers.
The technology is complex but the idea is simple: a teleportation service that delivers what you need, when you need it. Through our technology that includes robotics and autonomy, we are decarbonizing delivery, decreasing road congestion, and reducing fossil fuel consumption and air pollution, while providing equitable access to billions of people and building a more resilient global supply chain.
About the Role:
Zipline is looking for a Software Integration Engineer to tie our flight software stack together. You will work across the software stack to ultimately help ship higher quality software, faster. No two days will be the same, and your impact will be felt throughout our organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with firmware engineers to achieve the performance and robustness we need from our low-level flight software and hardware
- Work with autonomy engineers on designing high-level behaviors that are robust to real-world corner-cases
- Write safety-critical vehicle management code to implement executive level decision making
- Work with systems engineers to set the right requirements
- Work with validation engineers and flight test operators to ship new functionality
- Write scripts that glue together and automate development processes
- Perform data analysis to gauge our real-world performance
- Design cross-functional integration tests in collaboration with different software teams
- Identify and implement new capabilities for existing test systems
- Review and execute comprehensive test plans for Zipline’s software systems
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience developing software for hardware products
- 3+ years of professional experience in a safety-critical field, e.g. aerospace, robotics, medical devices
- Experience building and maintaining integration test systems
- Expertise in one of: embedded systems, autonomy, perception, validation
- System architecture skill sets and passion
- A meticulous attitude towards testing, validation, and rollout of safety-critical software
What else you’ll need to know:
The starting cash range for this role is $100,000 - 140,000. Please note that this is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate’s experience, qualifications, skills, working location, and projected impact. The total compensation package for this role may also include: equity compensation; discretionary annual or performance bonuses; sales incentives; benefits such as medical, dental and vision insurance; paid time off; and more.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!