Senior Software Engineer
Front End, Content Systems
Posted on 6/2/2022
Remote • United States
Google Cloud Platform
- 5 or more years of experience in software engineering
- Understanding of the web is for everyone and build inclusive, accessible systems
- Are a passionate and product-focused engineer who enjoys contributing to and leading technical projects and working with engineers at all levels
- Value testing, instrumenting and documenting your work
- Adapt quickly to change and love to ship and iterate, building on new user research, insights and data
- Our frontend consists of several JS frameworks, such as React, Preact, and Backbone
- Most of our backend services are written in Python, Go, or Node, depending on the context of the service
- Monitoring and instrumentation is essential for our content systems. We use a combination of Datadog, Sentry, and proprietary services
- We believe in ownership over the entire engineering cycle - the same engineers architect, build, test, deploy, monitor, and run their services using containers on AWS/GCP
- Develop features in our CMS and web platform to help us create, curate, and distribute BuzzFeed's posts to readers around the world
- Work with other software engineers, designers, product managers, and others to understand and shape work before it becomes code and after it ships to production
- Reach across the entire tech stack at BuzzFeed and get an understanding of large-scale media companies' architecture and operations
Cross-platform digital media company
Buzzfeed is committed to making the internet better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the Internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring their audience to live better lives.
- Wellness - Comprehensive benefits for medical, dental, and vision insurance with a focus on Wellness. Plus discounts on Gyms, Care.com, and access to resources like Maven, Tend Dental, and One Medical.
- Planning for the future - Take advantage of the 401(k) plan with a company match, short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance.
- Work-life balance - We offer our employees paid time off (including your birthday!), paid holidays and generous leave options for life events such as becoming a parent or getting married.
- Career development - Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more.