Title: 2023 Summer Computer Vision Intern
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: MPS - IMEX
Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung Research America (SRA) plays a pivotal role in developing the next generation of discovery in software, user experience and services for future products that can enrich your life.
Our mission is to research and develop new technologies by collaborating with the best and brightest and creating a collaborative environment between industry and academia. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, with locations in many technology centers in North America, SRA is driven to build a culture of innovation that rapidly translates research and new ideas into the unexpected.
In this internship, the student will participate in our current research on optical based image transformation including depth based reprojection. Particular focus will be on the interoperability of traditional computer vision techniques and Machine learning techniques.
- Work with existing engineers to understand current system.
- Experiment with alternative approaches to our current solution.
- Create poster session from resulting work.
- Solid foundation in computer graphics; fully understanding of computer graphics rendering pipeline, shaders, and textures.
- Exposure to CNN and DNN toolsets.
- Exposure to GPGPU computing with OpenGL, OpenCL, and Vulkan shaders.
- Solid foundation in software development and related tools.
- Proficiency in C, C++ programming language and at least one another prototyping language such as MATLAB or Python.
- Strong teamwork, communication skills, passion, productivity, and self-learning ability.
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The hourly pay rate range for roles at this level is $36 and $63 but may be higher or lower in other states due to geographic differentials in the labor market. Within the hourly pay rate range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email [email protected].
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency