Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
In the Financial Data Specialist role you will be a key part of our Climate-Finance team, where you will work on projects that explore the relationship between climate and the financial markets. This will be a technical position where you will help develop methods for cleaning, sourcing, and serving financial and point-of-interest data. The ideal candidate will have a balanced knowledge of financial/capital markets and data analyst/engineering skills.
What You’ll Do
- Source and manage financial data sets from various vendors.
- Test and develop systems and techniques for large scale data pipelines and computation.
- Participate in the modeling and research process as a data expert, providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
What We’re Looking For
- 1+ years of experience as a data analyst or in a related field working in data development and data management.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Computer Science or other quantitative disciplines.
- Experience working with financial data sets, especially with vendors such as Bloomberg and Refinitiv.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with database schema design.
- Demonstrable programming experience, especially with Python and Python Pandas.
- Ability to collaborate within a multidisciplinary team as well as with non-technical team members.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation abilities.
Nice to Have
- Experience / interest with climate data or climate science.
- Experience working with location, point-of-interest, or geospatial data.
The salary range for this role is expected to be $80,000 - $130,000. Other compensation for the role includes equity, a generous PTO policy and health, vision & dental insurance.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.