Grants Associate Principal
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
- An experienced project manager and able to manage multiple high-priority projects at one time in a fast-paced environment
- A savvy, tactful, and graceful communicator - you intuitively find the right tone in every situation, and enjoy working with others
- Intellectually curious, reliable, collaborative, and eager to grow in a fast-moving function
- Passionate about Via's mission and highly enthusiastic about the opportunity to drive significant growth by winning competitive grants
- Socially-minded, action-oriented, and passionate about urbanism; you understand the importance of public transit and are motivated to improve worldwide access to mobility
- A record of academic achievement, preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or another field that required policy analysis (undergraduate degree and/or advanced degree preferred)
- Draft, edit, and submit high-quality grant applications that creatively address partners' transit goals and demonstrate alignment with objectives outlined by the grant administrator. Shepherd these opportunities through their procurement processes to capitalize on available funding
- Join external partner calls to provide strategic guidance on available grant opportunities, identify the right grant programs for each partner's strategic transportation initiatives, consider how we might use grants to identify and acquire new partners, and develop a short/long-term funding plan for partners seeking grant opportunities
- Work closely with our Policy team to process and digest grant opportunities before and after they are released
- Communicate upcoming and present grant opportunities to the Partnerships and Partners Success teams. Maintain a grasp on what makes a competitive application for each relevant grant program
- Oversee project management (i.e., initial strategic application guidance, development of competitive and realistic project deliverables) of multiple grants proposals running on concurrent timelines
- Retain up-to-date knowledge about available transportation grant programs (local, state, federal) and upcoming deadlines to broker effective working relationships with existing and prospective partners
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Via's existing partnership base within the United States, with the possibility to expand coverage to international opportunities. Skillfully manage subsequent communications with potential partners over the phone and email
- A minimum of one year of full-time work experience in a dynamic work environment; prior experience at a startup, transportation consulting firm, management consulting firm, or in the public sector is a plus
Via's mission is to create a truly dynamic mass transit system, liberated from the constraints of fixed routes and fixed schedules
- Competitive salaries and equity packages.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- Support for all new parents.
- Learning opportunities through our Via-Versity.
- Employee Resource Groups.
Company Core Values
- Sharing - Sharing is a founding principle; it’s in our DNA. Sharing rides, yes (that one’s a no-brainer) but we’re also passionate about collaboration, resource and knowledge sharing, and even our successes and failures, too. We ride together, in all we do.
- Equity - Transportation is a great equalizer — it removes barriers to good jobs, quality healthcare, and educational opportunities for all. Where you live should not determine your economic mobility or overall quality of life.
- Sustainability - Building sustainable cities means working towards a car-free future. And in the short term, getting people out of their single occupancy vehicles and switching to electric vehicles wherever possible.
- AD&I - We’re committed to Anti-racism, Diversity, and Inclusion at Via, and in helping advance racial equity in transportation systems and through policy. A diverse and inclusive workforce is proven to drive real business success, and we work towards our AD&I goals every day.