Who we are:
For over 20 years, Global Relay has set the standard in enterprise information archiving with industry-leading cloud archiving, surveillance, eDiscovery, and analytics solutions. We securely capture and preserve the communications data of the world’s most highly regulated firms, giving them greater visibility and control over their information and ensuring compliance with stringent regulations.
Though we offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other perks one would expect from an established company, we are not your typical technology company. Global Relay is a career-building company. A place for big ideas. New challenges. Groundbreaking innovation. It’s a place where you can genuinely make an impact – and be recognized for it.
We believe great businesses thrive on diversity, inclusion, and the contributions of all employees. To that end, we recruit candidates from different backgrounds and foster a work environment that encourages employees to collaborate and learn from each other, completely free of barriers.
We encourage you to apply if your qualifications and experience are a good fit for any of our openings.
The Support Services Team is comprised of a number of teams across Customer Support, Provisioning and Application Support. Collectively these teams focus on providing great service to Global Relay customers and for the provisioning and continual support of all services that Global Relay provides.
The Manager for Support Services will be responsible for all the London Teams that are part of the Support Services organization. Role will require building strong relationships with managers in other locations and aligning / executing on strategy to move the group forward. Ensuring all services are fully supported on a 24/7 basis to quickly assist our customers and that teams are staffed with experienced subject matter expertise in Global Relay systems, networks and protocols.
The role will be focused on the day to day management of all support ticket flow, provisioning cases and availability of Production services. Role will have direct responsibility for team of approximately 20 technicians and engineers across number of teams.
Personnel development of team members is vital to the success of this role. Experience of hiring, talent retention and development of staff, along with managing daily interactions, escalations, personnel issues with all teams’ members is required.
Your Job and About You:
- Develops superior knowledge of all GR Products and Services.
- Understands interdependencies between Products and Services.
- Broad knowledge across monitoring, alerting and service management concepts.
- Good understanding of software systems concepts such as networking, firewalls, protocols, databases and cloud technology.
- Previous experience in a SAAS or enterprise grade organization.
- Able to remove roadblocks affecting team efficiency.
- Understands and able to communicate at all levels, impact to business and customers from Service Incidents.
- Capable of leading technical recovery to mitigate and restore service, minimizing impact to customers for major incidents, considering all aspects of Incident management.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of team.
- Ensures new products, services, features are fully supportable and meet Support Services non-functional requirements.
- Experienced in resource forecasting and tracking of work, ensuring all projects, actions delivered on time.
- Project management experience.
- Monitoring and ensuring maintenance of Key Performance Indicators.
- Successfully identifies and recruits talent to improve skillset of the team.
- Manages independently; effectively and professionally communicates context to the team, escalates issues and identifies areas of improvement.
- Manages direct reports with different technical/experience levels, skill set levels and technical areas of focus.
- Proven proficiency in personnel leadership and workflow assessment
- Sets objectives aligned to business goals for direct reports and delivers feedback clearly and accurately on a regular basis.
- Conducts regular sync up meetings with direct reports to facilitate open communication and provide feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to coach staff and provide developmental feedback; provide reporting on this to leadership.
- Responsible for completing direct reports’ performance reviews.
- Ensures team members have personal development plans align to team and company growth. Provides support and tracks progress.
Communication and Values
- Promotes team in all situations and capable of representing team at management level across organization.
- Effective in communicating with team and colleagues outside of Application Support.
- Gives timely, helpful feedback to peers and managers.
- Communicates assumptions and gets clarification on tasks up front to minimize the need for rework.
- Solicits feedback from others and is eager to find ways to improve.
- Understands how their work contributes value to the company.
- Builds strong relationships with peers, manager and other teams to deliver on common goals.
- Proactively identifies risks and proposes possible solutions.
- Provides relevant feedback, including constructive feedback if appropriate, on team member’s performance to the team members reporting manager.
- Able to work with minimal direction or supervision to achieve required outcomes and provide guidance to other team members.
- Has Customer experience at the heart of all work. Goal oriented self-starter who can work independently and reliably with minimal supervision and has an appetite for continuous learning
- Comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment and able to handle challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to multi-task and be flexible to take on varied responsibilities
- Detail-orientated and inquisitive with an interest in problem resolution
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
- Good judgment to proactively and independently solve problems and make decisions
- A friendly, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in SaaS implementations and customer facing support roles
- Prior experience leading teams of driven individuals
- Prior experience managing projects or process / systems improvement programs preferred
What you can expect:
At Global Relay, there’s no ceiling to what you can achieve. It’s the land of opportunity for the energetic, the intelligent, the driven. You’ll receive the mentoring, coaching, and support you need to reach your career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that breeds creativity and rewards perseverance and hard work. And you’ll be working alongside smart, talented individuals from diverse backgrounds, with complementary knowledge and skills.
Global Relay is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We seek to ensure reasonable adjustments, accommodations, and personal time are personalized to meet the unique needs of every individual.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important, and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it’s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.