Staff Data Scientist
Updated on 6/6/2023
San Francisco, CA, USA
- You have spent 8+ years helping product teams make great decisions with data
- You are an experimentation expert and possess a very strong statistical inference skillset
- You have solid analytical thinking. You ask the right questions and strive to see beyond the numbers to understand what an analysis represents in terms of real-world applications
- You have a bias for using the right tools to get a job done with maximum efficiency. You have experience making tradeoffs between speed and accuracy
- You are a SQL expert and have experience in Python or R to perform statistical analyses
- You have a track record of building strong relationships with product, engineering, research, and design teammates
- You are an expert communicator with a love for clarity
- You'll work in lock step with your cross-functional team to build product features that help creators better retain their memberships
- You'll conduct quantitative research to inform product strategy and opportunities, design metrics to help track goals and make decisions, devise learning methods (including experiments) to test hypotheses, and work closely with our machine learning team on building MVP user-facing data products
- You'll translate data into actionable insights and communicate your technical work to the data team, your cross-functional partners, executive leadership, and the rest of the company
- You'll be a cultural and technical leader on the data science team
Creator-founded membership platform
Patreon's mission at Patreon is simple: they want to fund the creative class. They want to get as many creators paid as possible, so they can enjoy sustainable income, retain creative control of their work, and keep a direct connection to their audience.
- Competitive Pay & Equity - Our company was built on the idea of value for value. To get the best on board, we provide competitive base salaries, stock options, and a 401k program.
- The Bells and Whistles - As they say, it’s the little things: commuter stipend, computer gear, standing desks, a learning stipend for your professional development and a monthly patronage stipend.
- Health Coverage - We offer incredible healthcare options for you and your loved ones (including dental, vision and mental health), as well as snacks and a daily catered lunch.
- Balance & Wellness - We offer a gym stipend (or Fitness SF membership), as well as unlimited vacation and sick leave.
Company Core Values
- Build with care
- Think big, but start small
- Guide & empower
- Respect the value of creators’ work
- Honor the relationship between creators and patrons.