Ada was founded on land that is the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee, and the Wendat peoples and is home to many First Nations, Inuit, and Métis peoples. We also acknowledge that Tkaronto is covered by Treaty 13 with the Mississaugas of the Credit, and the Williams Treaties signed with multiple Mississaugas and Chippewa bands.
At Ada, our mission is to deliver an AI platform that makes it easy for businesses to automatically resolve the most customer support inquiries with the least effort. Our vision is a world where customer support experiences are great for everyone.
Ada is an AI-powered Automated Resolutions Company. Since 2016, Ada has powered more than 4 billion automated interactions for brands like Meta, Verizon, AirAsia, and Square. Canadian-founded, Ada serves companies and their customers worldwide.
As a Senior Analyst on our Operations team, you will be working to establish a Product-Analytics centre of excellence. You’ll report directly to the Senior Director of Data Analytics and be their key partner in helping define and standardize key product data sources, metrics, and dashboards. You’ll also play a key role in establishing governance on all of the above. The role is pivotal with very high impact, and you’ll work across all levels of product leadership to accomplish your objectives and lay the foundations for a high-functioning Product-Analytics team.
- You have 5+ years of experience in a data analyst, business analyst or equivalent role.
- You’re a motivated, self-starter with strong SQL skills and scripting skills (e.g. being able to access/write data using REST APIs), and a passion to be methodical when it comes to data sources and metric definitions.
- You’re able to take a business need for measurement, define it in mathematical terms as a metric or visualization, understand the data you’ll need to get there, write the correct queries/code to create the data table(s) for it, work with the engineering team to operationalize that data source, and document everything so anyone with similar training as you can understand exactly what’s going on and how to take it further.
- To you, documentation isn’t about proving your work, but about posterity and ensuring that those who come after you don’t have to work as hard as you to figure things out.
- You take pride in building things that outlast your time at an organization.
- You genuinely care about helping people, and think of data not as an end in itself but as a means for the business to make decisions faster. This means that sometimes, time to value is more important than going by the book, and sometimes, that means taking on a bit of tech debt (which we’ll give you the time to repay, because we care deeply about creating a solid foundation and doing things right for the long-term).
- Develop connections with key stakeholders in the product org (POs, data engineering, devops, other analysts, etc.).
- Understand all the metrics in use and the most urgent ones currently missing / in development.
- Document and create a game-plan, and execute it for all key data sources to be defined and established.
- Establish yourself as an SME on key product data sources and metrics.
- Work with the customer analytics team and product owners to fulfill internal data and analysis requests, provide intelligence on feature launch success and adoption, and help evolve our understanding of product data and its application for decision-making.
- Become familiar with our product data pipelines and help establish and maintain them as needed. This is not a full data engineering role but does need familiarity and willingness to work with ETL tools and to build specs for systems / support you’d need from the platform team.
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Wellness account
- Extended health coverage
- Dental/optical/travel insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee and family assistance plan
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote-first, In-person friendly work environment with WFH budget
- In-house social worker
- Paid parental leave for Canadian and U.S. residents
- Development opportunities
Ada is a rapidly growing company in a thriving AI ecosystem. We optimize our communication, collaboration, and work ethic for the digital world instead of in-person. We are building the workplace of the future to build the customer experience of the future. With flexible working hours, together we’ll determine a schedule that fits your style and the requirements of your role. We are backed by world-class investors, including Spark, Accel, FirstMark, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Version One. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we cannot progress. At Ada, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
Our values are our fundamental driving forces for decision-making. They are the heart of what we stand for and are critical to our next phase of growth. You can learn more about our values and Ada’s founding story on our Careers page.
Everyone has their own unique talents. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your application.
The expected salary range for this position is $119,000 to $148,000. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors such as past experience and qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law.