Welcome to Jetty, the financial services platform on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and flexible. We’ve built multiple financial products that benefit both renters and property managers - and we’re just getting started.
As a member of the Jetty engineering team, you’re passionate about building fintech products that provide value to our customers and to Jetty. You are motivated by designing engineering systems around complex business problems. You love to learn, take on challenges, and are empowered in a fast-paced and transparent culture. You’re comfortable finding the right tool or pattern for the job, and advocating for improvements to the way we work.
As a Data Engineer, your goal is to cultivate a data-informed culture and create insights that will be leveraged across the entire organization. You have experience executing at a high level, solving complex problems, and delivering solutions with real business impact - and you’re excited by the opportunity to apply those principles to a new, best in class function. Role & Responsibilities
- Build / Support our modern data stack (Snowflake / Fivetran / DBT / Tableau)
- Implement the Five Pillars of Data Observability
- Write ELT code using modern software engineering practices (Git, automated testing and deployments)
- Build and maintain data pipelines to support various business processes and reporting (Fivetran / AWS Lambdas)
- Document our data models in a user friendly way for our business stakeholders
- Partner with the Product Engineering team to ensure we are capturing the data we need from our applications for analytics and to iterate on our development practices for the data analytics team.
- Be an enthusiastic evangelist of our modern data stack (Fivetran / DBT / Snowflake / Tablea)
- Be the resident resource on building standard reports and BI dashboards
Experience & Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience working in a data / analytics engineering role
- High proficiency in Snowflake / Fivetran / dbt / Tableau
- High proficiency in SQL and Python
- Ability to collect, interpret, and synthesize inputs from various parts of the business into data model requirements
- Ability to simplify without being simplistic - ability to communicate complex topics and actionable insights in a compelling way that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Inherent curiosity and analytical follow-through — you can’t help but ask “why?” and love using data and logic to explore potential solutions
- Ability to balance “Rigor” and “Scrappiness” — you know the difference between 80/20 and giving something 110%; as well as when each is appropriate.
- Deep understanding of the first and second order effects of reporting — you know the power of presenting the right data to the right people at the right time
- Experience in a data/analytics function at a high-growth startup managing multiple stakeholders and delivering actionable insights
About JettyAt Jetty, we know renting a home can be a financial challenge. That’s why we’re on a mission to make renting accessible to everyone. Jetty offers four financial products designed to help our members every step of the renting process: Jetty Deposit, a low-cost security deposit product that dramatically reduces move-in costs; Jetty Rent, a flexible rent payment program to eliminate pricey late rent fees; Jetty Credit, a credit building service that helps renters build credit just by paying rent; and Jetty Protect, an affordable renters insurance product that provides comprehensive coverage in just a few clicks.Jetty has raised multiple rounds of venture capital from investors including Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Citi, Valar, and strategic investors. We’ve built a highly collaborative team working remotely around the country, and we believe in finding the best talent—regardless of where they live. To learn more about life at Jetty, visit jetty.com/careers.Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.Benefits & Perks
- Health (with HSA and FSA options), dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Optional life and disability coverage
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break," and flexible sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible remote work in any US location (keeping east coast hours)
- Stipends to cover WFH set-up, childcare, phone/internet bill, and optional co-working space