Senior Technical Support Engineer
Posted on 3/14/2023
Canada • Remote
- Troubleshoot and solve customer issues on their deployments (on-prem and cloud)
- Support cloud deployments including monitoring and answering customer inquiries
- Engage with customers via multiple channels (ticketing system, and screen sharing tools) to identify and resolve technical support requests while continuing to educate our clients on the use of the product
- Reproduce technical issues and dive into On-Prem Enterprise and Cloud Capella platform
- Become demo certified and lead a three-pillar demo to customers
- Participate in product conversations with internal teams based on feedback from client interactions
- Identify and write internal and external technical articles, like typical troubleshooting steps, workarounds, or best practices
- Train as a highly knowledgeable specialist in one or more Couchbase component area(s)
- Experienced in multi-channel technical support (5+ years of related experience)
- Experienced using Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, or similar software
- An engineer with previous technical troubleshooting and/or programming experience
- Solid knowledge of Unix and Network protocols and standards (HTTP, TLS, DNS, etc)
- Strong understanding and experience with at least one cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and/or Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Experience using Kubernetes and Docker is a plus
- Experience with alerting and monitoring tools
- Self-motivated, detail-attentive, and have a desire for continuous learning
- A critical thinker who defaults to a client-centric approach
- An effective written and verbal communicator
- Able to work a rotating schedule that requires weekend availability
Enterprise applications database
At Couchbase, their mission is to empower enterprises to develop, deploy, and run mission-critical applications anywhere by delivering a high-performance, flexible, and scalable modern database.
- Culture, purpose, & impact - A sense of purpose in your work and shared passions with your teammates. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase’s can-do culture.
- Financial well-being - Market competitive pay, the ability to participate in the success of the company through equity programs, well thought out retirement options, and a number of recognition programs.
- Flexibility & growth - Flexible time off, internal learning, and development opportunities, accreditations, boot camps, conferences, and a trust-based culture.
- Community & belonging - Couchbase Cares promotes philanthropy, inclusion and belonging, worldwide Couchbase celebrations, and sustainability and green teams that impact our local communities.
- Body, mind, & emotional - Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, paid parental leave, and a Flexible Spending Account for the things you care about most.
- Environment & workspace - We are mindful of the environment and our individual workspaces. We provide an ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, or assist in the setup of an efficient home office environment.
Company Core Values
- Be A Great Human, Always.
- Act With Uncompromising Integrity, Period.
- Serve Your Family, As Defined By You.
- Attack Hard Problems, Driven By Customer Outcomes.
- Play To Win, Together.
- Make Tomorrow Better Than Today, Start Now.