SPMB is the #1 executive search firm serving the technology market and one of the largest independent retained search firms in the country. In 2021, SPMB was recognized and ranked #5 among “America’s Top 99 Retained Executive Search Firms.” We specialize in recruiting C-Level Executives and Board Members to disruptive, growth-oriented startups as well as Fortune 500 companies in technology, financial, consumer, media, health, and sustainability industries.
We bring the knowledge of a large, global firm and combine it with the personalized service and attention of a boutique to connect top executive talent to the best and fastest growing innovators across the country. Closing hundreds of C-Level searches annually, SPMB has recruited key leaders into companies that have generated over $1 trillion in market value (IPOs/M&As) for our clients.
The SPMB team is made up of open minded, driven, and dedicated individuals. To be a part of the SPMB team you support a “We vs I” mentality and stand behind our 3 cultural values: Work Right, Work Together, and Work Hard.
SPMB is looking for a thoughtful and professional Associate who will serve as a key member of the client delivery team by driving the candidate development process throughout each VP and C-level executive search. This role partners closely with the Partner and analyst to help deliver outstanding outcomes for our clients. Associates are responsible for working directly with our public and private clients, managing the day-to-day details of search engagements, facilitating discussions with candidates and directing the research activities of internal teams. The core function of the Associate’s role is relationship development and management, including networking and building strong relationships with senior clients and candidates. This role is an unique opportunity to interface with key senior executives as well as investors from the venture capital, private equity and public company community.
- Gathers key information from the client to gain a thorough understanding of the company, culture and position requirements.
- Collaborates with the Partner and analyst to develop and execute the search strategy.
- Develops key search documentation including position descriptions, candidate assessments, status updates and reference reference reports.
- Helps drive research efforts and strategy to ensure the identification of high quality candidates while serving as a mentor and coach to the analyst
- Contacts potential candidates to elicit interest and to assess the candidate’s fit to the position description.
- Teams with the Partner to provide our clients with an informed perspective on candidates and provide updates on the overall progress of the search assignment.
- Ensures data capture of candidates, clients and search records within SPMB’s databases. Add to the firm’s candidate pool expertise by identifying new talent.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of progressive experience in executive search or in an internal recruiting role for a relevant organization.
- Tenure working in a high-performance environment with a focus on client service.
- Deep market knowledge within one or more of the key industry segments that we serve.
- An undergraduate degree is required.
Critical Capabilities for Success
- Candidate Development: Develops qualified and interested candidates across a portfolio of searches through targeted company research, industry sources and relevant prior sources.
- Project Management: Plans, manages and drives own efforts when handling multiple projects with competing deadlines. Comfortable and flexible to work with individuals with differing styles
- Collaboration & Influence: Works with and through others to achieve common goals and desired results. Uses language to gather information to facilitate an exchange of ideas.
- Analytical: Synthesizes business research and provides a succinct and accurate point of view. Capable of making inferential leaps in thinking to reach a solution despite incomplete or ambiguous information.
- Communication: Speaks with clarity, precision and purpose to individuals or small groups. Adapts communication style for the audience and situation.
- Initiative & drive
- Ownership mentality
- Team oriented
- Intellectually curious
- Quick learner
- Aligns with the firm’s core values & purpose
For more information about SPMB, visit our website at spmb.com
The pay scale for this role is $80-100k.
This does not include a per search performance bonus.