Senior Analysis Engineer
Posted on 3/8/2022
Irvine, CA, USA
- 5+ years' experience with a minimum 3 years of relevant experience required in performing similar analysis
- Engineering Degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering required
- Expertise in system modelling of driveline or transmission systems in respect to bearings, shafts and gears in respect to life and noise. Knowledge of system analysis tools such as Romax, MASTA, SABR/Gear or similar
- Expertise in system modeling of multibody dynamic systems with time domain tools such as Adams, MotionSolve, Excite, or VALDYN
- An understanding of gears and gear analysis including gear microgeometry and microgeometry
- An understanding of bearings, bearing types, and basic parameters of bearing geometry
- The ability to work independently
- Basic CAD knowledge, including ability to review designs within CATIA
- The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting, including essential technical guidance to support Senior Management
- An understanding and ability to read and understand technical drawings of powertrain components
- An understanding of gearbox and driveline fundamentals
- Dynamic attitude with desire to learn and expand your knowledge and capability
- Design of gearbox and driveline systems with the focus on the system level and simulation analysis
- Perform research, design and development of driveline systems from concept to production
- Analysis of electric propulsion systems for NVH from source to vibration and noise
- Analysis of electric population systems for dynamic performance and characteristics
- Work with engineers and designers to evaluate and optimize structural and NVH parameters of the system
- Support and liaison with suppliers and manufacturing for component specifications and definition
- Provide technical support and system analysis for root cause analysis of development issues
- Provide professional reports and documentation of results
- Coordinate and participate in design reviews
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team