Interest Rates Trading
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Chicago, IL, USA
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent), preferably in finance, economics, applied mathematics, physics, engineering, or computer science, or a related quantitative field
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in fixed income securities or derivatives middle office, operations or financial control role
- Knowledge of and familiarity with financial markets, fixed income products & derivatives (US Govies, Agencies, Exchange Traded Futures/Options, Swaps, Swaptions)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of 1st order interest rate risk (Duration, Curve) and familiarity with yield curves
- Experience with MarkitWire/streetwide affirmation platforms and Dealer/Prime Broker portals
- SQL/Python/Power Query experience preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and SQL database integration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to independently to analyze problems and synthesize and implement solutions
- Proven track record of process improvement
- Perform daily trade support and implement process improvement to optimize operational control within fixed income & global macro trading businesses
- Ensure accurate trade capture, position management & inventory continuity day to day
- Perform front to back reconciliation of life cycle events for futures, listed options, bonds, repos, interest rate derivatives, FX, equities and equity options
- Gain strong understanding of the settlement process for OTC products
- Perform project management duties as needed, for work between trading team and other internal teams
- Act as a liaison between trading teams and counterparties to resolve pricing/risk/allocation inaccuracies
- Responsible for reconciliation of Risk and P&L
- Monitor trade flow from electronic trading platforms (Bloomberg, TradeWeb, etc.) and Affirmation Platforms (MarkitWire)
- Act as process owner for current functionality and provide critical support regarding enhancements to technology, workflows, and processes including:
- Gaining strong understanding of traders' individual risk management tools and support of related traders' needs
- Upgrading and supporting traders' tools to take advantage of technologies and tools that are firm standard
- Interfacing with technology teams to improve the firm's tools and technology where they fall short of meeting the desk's needs
- Adopting, integrating, and promoting new technology as it becomes available
Proprietary trading firm
DRW's mission is to build revolutionary finance. The company is doing this by building a system that applies modeling, technology and quantitative research to identify opportunities in the global financial markets.
- Daily catered breakfast & lunch
- Social events
- Gym subsidy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly tastings
- Game room
- On-site yoga classes and meditation
- Employee led affinity groups
- Mentor/mentee outings
- Trivia nights
- Educational opportunities
- DRW-sponsored sports teams
- Poker tournament
- Private mother's suite
Company Core Values
- Integrity - In order to collaborate thoughtfully and build strong relationships, we value transparency and hold ourselves and our people accountable.
- Critical thought - We like solving problems and discussing technical and research topics. We question what we think we know.
- Learning - Continual growth and exploration, both formally and in our day-to-day interactions, helps build our skills individually and as a team.
- Challenge consensus - We achieve the highest standard of success by challenging our decision making every day. Our formula? Strong opinions, loosely held.
- Preparation - Always be prepared for the expected and the unexpected. We adapt as the markets evolve, and in-depth research helps us do that.
- Respect - Our work environment is diverse, and that diversity makes us stronger. We collaborate thoughtfully, and hold each other in high regard.
- Sense of urgency - In a fast-paced industry, we adapt and are always ready to act. Priorities shift, objectives evolve and we move quickly to adjust.