Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Information Security is a top business imperative at Okta. In addition to driving security in our Corporate environment and Okta service, the Security team is deeply entrenched in the Okta business. As such, we contribute to product roadmaps, branding, research and other strategic aspects of our operations. We work across multiple functions, business partners and the research community. We are an engineering-focused team that seeks to stay on the cutting edge of security technology and the threat landscape.
Okta’s Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) organization is seeking an experienced data analyst with an interest or background in security engineering, incident response, or threat intelligence, to aid us in supporting our customers to defend against cyber attacks.
You will operate as part of a newly formed team responsible for helping Okta defend our customer’s against cyber attacks. With identity based attacks soaring, this is a role where you can make a huge difference to the security of millions of users across the globe. Your core responsibilities would include:
- Researching common attacks against Okta customers, analyzing configuration data to identify misconfigurations that could contribute to successful compromises and developing best practices to be communicated via direct customer communications, in-product notifications, public articles, and whitepapers.
- Development of dashboards and analysis automation to provide customer facing teams with greater visibility of customers current security posture.
- Assisting with the evaluation of product security features to determine whether they achieve effective security outcomes to defend our customers against cyber attack.
- Assisting with the creation of “known good” and “known bad” data sets for consumption by the data science team to train their ML models along with labeling of flagged datasets during the development of new ML models for Okta’s risk engine.
What does it take?
You’re a good teammate. People want to work with you. You are passionate about defending people’s online identities from malicious actors. You’re curious about systems and how they interact, knowing that to properly defend a system you must first understand how it works. You enjoy automating tasks and if you can’t find a tool for the job you create one. You’re calm under pressure and have a good internal compass for taking calculated risks.
Your experience probably includes:
- Learning the ins and outs of new products: you will be required to quickly become proficient in Okta’s offerings
- Fluency in Splunk and/or SQL syntax with a willingness to quickly adapt to new data sources that become available
- Working with APIs and analyzing API logs
- Strong knowledge of a scripting language such as Python
- Thinking like an attacker to know what to look for in the data
Ideally you also have experience in several of the following areas:
- Working collaboratively within product and/or enterprise project teams, assisting to deliver large and complex technology solutions
- Working with customer facing functions to quickly address security related escalations requiring deep technical understanding of the product
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.