Posted on 7/29/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- 5+ years industry experience, using both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- 2+ years managing experience researchers
- Experience with a wide range of qualitative research methodologies and a strong understanding of industry best practices
- A demonstrated track record of delivering impactful insights within complex or technical problem spaces
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Lead research strategy across internal and external facing product experiences, ensuring that these experiences drive value for our community and meet Airbnb's high quality standards
- Conduct and advise on qualitative and quantitative studies within Global Operations (e.g. ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, concept testing, etc.)
- Facilitate alignment among Product Managers, Designers, Writers, and partner organizations on project plans including goals, scope, and timeline
- Collaborate closely with other leads and adjacent teams to identify new or foundational research questions, anticipating the needs of the organization and informing early decision making
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders from across the company, including senior leadership
- Lead, manage, coach, and mentor a team of individual contributors to deliver insights across customer and agent facing elements of our community support experience
- Execute in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Cognitive Sciences, or equivalent practical experience.*
- Experience conducting research in complex problem spaces such as customer service, agent tooling, enterprise solutions, or safety
- Strong experience managing remote and globally distributed teams
- Experience with cross-cultural products and international research
Online marketplace for people to list, discover, and book accommodations
Airbnb's mission is to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere and we are focused on creating an end-to-end travel platform that will handle every part of your trip. The company is building a worldwide timeshare marketplace.
- Comprehensive health plans
- Paid volunteer time
- Healthy food and snacks
- Generous parental and family leave
- Learning and development
- Annual travel and experiences credit
- Champion the Mission: We’re united with our community to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere.
- Be a Host: We’re caring, open, and encouraging to everyone we work with.
- Embrace the Adventure: We’re driven by curiosity, optimism, and the belief that every person can grow.
- Be a Cereal Entrepreneur: We’re determined and creative in transforming our bold ambitions into reality.