For over 50 years, AeroVironment has been a leader in advanced technologies and diverse innovations that have redefined how the world drives, flies, and connects.
If you thrive on a culture of relentless problem-solving and invention, and want to work for a global front-runner where you tackle real-world challenges, then AeroVironment is the place for you.
Come join our group of innovative thinkers and discover how collaborative efforts produce extraordinary products that touch lives around the world. You can be a part of the team that developed these firsts: a controlled human-powered aircraft, the modern consumer electric car, a tiny hummingbird-like drone and a helicopter that flew on Mars. We also set flight records in near-space with our solar-powered aircraft and we re-shaped the battlefield with portable, hand-held, tactical drones and loitering munitions. We have cemented our reputation around the world and in record books as unrivaled technological pioneers, including seven innovative vehicles in the Smithsonian Institution’s permanent collection in Washington, DC.
While engineering for the future is what we do, we are ever-mindful of our strong commitment to purpose — to secure lives and advance sustainability through transformative innovation. The products and solutions we provide our customers help to save lives and contribute to a more sustainable environment.
Join us to help push beyond the realm of the possible with such future-defining technologies as robotics, sensors, software analytics and connectivity to generate ever-more meaningful actionable intelligence for our customers so they can proceed with certainty – and succeed.
At MacCready Works Advanced Solutions, we assume one thing – WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN – we just need to explore the realm of possibilities to get there. Our 50 years of experience in unmanned and robotic systems gives us the knowledge and expertise to confront the unknown and provide newly-discovered solutions for our customers.
We created MacCready Works Advanced Solutions, named for our founder, Dr. Paul B. MacCready, Jr., to ensure that creativity and long-term thinking remain at the core of our culture. With a focus on the future, this group of select, visionary scientists and engineers partner with our customers to explore breakthrough technologies that open new, more powerful ways to tackle difficult challenges. Together, they research and develop advanced technologies in robotics, sensors, software analytics and connectivity to identify innovative solutions that push beyond the current applications. These revenue-generating projects significantly contribute to the growth of the company and stretch our imaginations to spawn new inventions.
Once conceptualized, we can apply these new technologies to other projects, keeping us and our customers at the forefront of cutting-edge innovation. We are currently working on tomorrow’s solutions by creating highly autonomous, mission-centered products that operate jointly across multiple domains, and position our customers at the leading edge of interconnected systems.
We are here to tackle the impossible…without hesitation.
The Program Manager (PM) II is responsible for the execution of company programs including cost, schedule, and technical performance. The PM oversees program life-cycle and manages all activities necessary to meet business goals and objectives. Acting as the central focal point and authority for one or more Programs’ execution, the PM provides a single point of contact for program activities to both internal and external customers
- Management of the program throughout the program’s life-cycle
- Ensures customer alignment and manage overall customer satisfaction
- Definition, implementation, and management of program controls and success criteria
- Identifies, analyzes, and manages all program-level risk
- Coordinates and aligns project teams and their inter-dependencies
- Establishes, communicates, and manages program priorities
- Aligns and informs stakeholders of program’s status and health
- Leads program meetings and program reviews with the customer and executive staff
- Develops and maintains program plans including budget, Estimate at Completion (EAC), resource allocation, and communications
- Supports the creation and maintenance of product requirements
- Manages potential changes in program scope and advise leadership and customer of potential impact
- Actively support the Business Development team in bidding and capturing opportunities
- Assists and/or coordinates the preparation of cost and technical proposals.
- Ensures adherence to Company policies and processes
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering related field is required or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of experience in Program Management
- Proven track record of running multiple, successful projects
- Experience managing CPFF and FFP technical development programs
- Experience with developing and managing risk management & mitigation plans
- Experience in a highly technical and dynamic environment
- Must be a US Citizen, willing to work on government contracts, and have the ability to hold a DoD security clearance
- Must be able to interface effectively with internal teams as well as government and commercial customers
- Basic familiarity with application of export/import licenses for the export/import of ITAR products
- Basic familiarity with contracts, non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, and other legal and contractual documents
- Good knowledge of Project Management methods, tools and processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project)
- Ability to travel required (up to 20%)
Other Qualifications & Desired Competencies
- Experience with Unmanned Aircraft Systems is preferred
- Experience managing US DoD programs or NASA programs is desired
- Active DoD Security Clearance is desired
- PMI (or equivalent) certification is a plus
- Ability to work independently and interface with cross-functional disciplines
- A strong communicator able to articulate vision/mission to team
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, where small teams share a broad variety of duties
- Displays strong initiative and drive to accomplish goals and meet company objectives
- Committed to AV Values (Trust & Teamwork, Customer Commitment, Ownership & Results, and Innovate & Simplify) and emulates these values in all actions
- Takes ownership and responsibility for current and past work products
- Committed to learning from mistakes and driven to improve and enhance performance of oneself, others, and the company
- Other competencies: Strong verbal and written skills; analytical and strategic thinking ability; leadership skills; very strong work ethic as well as honesty, trustworthiness and high integrity
- Ability to work in an office environment (Constant)
- Required to sit and stand for long periods (Frequent); talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard (Frequent)
- May be required to travel (Up to 20%)
COVID Vaccine Statement
AeroVironment is a U.S. government contractor, and is therefore subject to the September 9, 2021 Presidential Executive Order requiring COVID-19 vaccines for federal contractors. Consistent with AeroVironment’s commitment to health, safety, and national security, all U.S.-based AeroVironment employees must be fully vaccinated from COVID-19; this means that all new hires located in the United States must provide proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19 before their start date. At this time, the vaccination requirement applies only to U.S.-based employees; non-U.S. locations will have their own vaccination policies in accordance with applicable law of the non-U.S. jurisdiction.
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
Benefits: AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: http://www.avinc.com/myavbenefits.
We also encourage you to review our company website at http://www.avinc.com to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we’ve been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world’s most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution’s permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty – and succeed.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company’s hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
U.S. Citizenship is required. Secret or Top Secret clearance, or the ability obtain a clearance is desired.