Posted on 10/19/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • New York, NY, USA • Denver, CO, USA
- Strong executive presence, proven ability to influence and coach leaders, and exceptional interpersonal skills are key
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly and concisely communicate to employees of all levels effectively
- Strategic thinking and ability to translate strategy into plans for execution
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and competing priorities with a sense of urgency and the ability to pivot quickly based on changing needs of the business
- Significant experience with workforce analytics plus the ability to use data and reporting to drive strategic decisions
- A proven track record of developing and leading organizational change initiatives that deliver real business results
- Agility, ability to thrive in ambiguity, and excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to maintain a level of confidentiality and handle issues ethically and with integrity
- As a People Partner, serve as a change agent and member of your organization's leadership team to help drive strategic growth plans and objectives across the organization
- Diagnose, translate, and define current and future business needs into an overall integrated People/Talent Plan
- Provide organizational development interventions and support including organization design, development solutions, leadership coaching, and proactive change management
- Engage in strategic workforce planning by assessing organizational capabilities; identify competency and talent gaps, ensure development of people resources; and introduce succession planning
- Initiate and maintain effective communications with leadership and employees; provide coaching and guidance on matters related to performance management, offer feedback on style and behaviors to improve employee productivity and engagement
- Build strong partnerships across the People team roles and functions (Invite, Talent Development, Compensation and Benefits) as well as operate as part of a larger People Partner team to create a consistent Gustie experience
- Lead the organization you support to achieve its People objectives, including attracting, hiring and onboading great talent, developing and retaining Gusties, and achieving our goals around representation and inclusion
Cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management solution
Gusto's mission is to help companies put people first. The company operates an online payroll, health benefits, and workers' compensation platform.
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint: Employees celebrating 5 or 10 years at Gusto enjoy a month-long sabbatical to travel and relax after all their hard work.
- Meals and conversations: Free meals, snacks, and drinks to keep us fueled, but more importantly: they bring people together and foster community.
- Wellness for every body: We’re proud to offer inclusive health care such as hormone treatments, gender-affirming surgery, therapy, family planning, and more.
- The time you need: Our flexible PTO policy means every employee is encouraged to take the time they need now to keep doing great work, long term.
- Family-friendly benefits: Fertility treatments, primary and secondary parental leave, sleep coaching, house cleaning for new parents, and more.
- Be well, be you: Get free, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, plus a monthly fitness stipend and mental health resources too.
Company Core Values
- Embody a service mindset: Never stop advocating for the needs of others.
- Dream big, then make it real: Be ambitious. Show and do is greater than tell and talk.
- Be proud of the how: Ensure deep integrity in everything you do.
- Embrace an ownership mentality: Take initiative to leave things better than you found them.
- Debate then commit: Share openly, question respectfully, and once a decision is made, commit fully.
- Build with humility: Put collective success before individual achievements.